New Penn 706

Rate this topic

finchaser

I'm just happy to have an old friend back. We all wanted her back and were willing to pay the price. Ordered mine and waiting for it. Not that I needed it mind you I have 5 others with two new never used ones in the box.

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

I'm just happy to have an old friend back. We all wanted her back and were willing to pay the price. Ordered mine and waiting for it. Not that I needed it mind you I have 5 others with two new never used ones in the box.

DUKE ! Long time no see. How's the desk job been suiting you ?

As for the 706 I've been saying this for as long as I can remember:

"Packed with Corrosion Block brand grease and spooled with 20# Fireline the 706 is one of the finest heavy duty surf reels you can own. As a first reel or as an upgrade it's a choice you'll never be disappointed in and even if you already own a Van Staal or ZeeBass you should always keep a 706 in your truck as a backup."

Now it's easy.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

It would be wise for Penn to either not have parts available, or available at a huge price increase, to promote sales of new reels.

That wouldn't be wise it would be desperate, I think having parts available right away would lead to more interest. I can't see them selling very many of these reels especially at the price they are asking.

I can't see them selling very many of these reels especially at the price they are asking.

Why ? I sold a NIB 706z almost two years ago for $225. And what reel can you buy that's better for under $200 :huh:

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962