Why are we going to bomb Syria?

Rate this topic

Little

Why?  What is the objective of bombing Syria?

Tell me lefties, why?  Couch your answer very carefully-very very carefully.  It has to be balls on!  You are attempting to answer a question that the Obama Chairman of the Joint Chiefs has NO answer for.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

just so we can hear right-wingers bitch about how it was the wrong thing to do--- :D

Oh look he's going to act like a dictator and bomb without congressional approval-- he should resign in disgrace.

Oh look he's a spineless man child afraid of making a decision without congress-- he should resign in disgrace.

Too funny...:D

"I was a waste of time dumbasses." --  sevenxseventy01

Quote:

Originally Posted by straps57 View Post

The answers are everywhere, you just choose to ignore them. Try again.

Im asking you.  Do you support Obama's plans for Syria?  Do you want Obama to go to war with Syria?

If congress votes no on the resolution (they will) and Obama bombs Syria anyway (he might), what verbiage or "tools" will you use to justify your continued support for the Obama administration?

The answers are not everywhere, I have not heard anything on these subjects from any leftists on SOL.  You can be first.  Thanks in advance for your time.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surf Cat View Post

just so we can hear right-wingers bitch about how it was the wrong thing to do--- biggrin.gif

Oh look he's going to act like a dictator and bomb without congressional approval-- he should resign in disgrace.

Oh look he's a spineless man child afraid of making a decision without congress-- he should resign in disgrace.

Too funny...biggrin.gif

Why?  What is the objective of bombing Syria?

Ayn Rand

It's to scare the leaders of Iran. No, wait, it's because it's a national security threat. No, it's for the red line Obama didn't draw, humanity did. It's for the children....

"Don't want to embolden Iran: “Iran is watching to see how we handle this. Iran to see how we respond as a test of how we will respond if and when they create weapons of Mass destruction.” —Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y.

Dictators are watching: “It sends a message to ... the ayatollah in Iran. … It sends a message to North Korea about our determination to stop them from continuing to make the Korean Peninsula. It sends messages to terrorist groups seek[ing] access to chemical weapons, because the world will largely stand by when you use them." —Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J.

Avenge the children: : “This has nothing to do with politics,” she said, noting, “the images of babies lined up dead. As a mother I would want ... a nation as strong as the United States [to] stand up for my children." —Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla.

Must maintain norms against chemical weapons use: "People say, 'Well, he killed 100,000 people. What's the difference with this 1,400?’ With this 1,400, he crossed a line with using chemical weapons. President Obama did not draw the red line. Humanity drew it decades ago, 170-some countries supporting the convention on not using chemicals—chemical warfare." —House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

The full Monty: "I believe the use of military force against Syria is both justified and necessary. I believe the United States has a moral obligation as well as a national security interest in defending innocent lives against such atrocities, and in enforcing international norms such as the prohibition against the use of chemical weapons. Assad must be held accountable for his heinous acts, and the world looks to us for leadership." —Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev."

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician

I don't know why.

I did find it funny that just a few days ago Nancy Pelosi said that humanity drew a line in the sand over this type of stuff. And then a few day's after that the President started regurgitating that same very line.

Do you think he at least sent her a fruit basket to say thanks?

That must have been when the president was lecturing us that rest of the world drew a red line and he didn't. Ok Mr. Obama if the world drew the red line then the rest world should be the ones who need to take action.

This has nothing to do with Syria and everything to do with Russia. Obama has felt slighted by Putin since day one and feels he gets no respect from him. He is trying to flex his muscles to see if Putin will notice him.

Obama won't meet with Putin while at the G2o summit. He's too busy meeting with gay rights activists over there. Quite the leader, our president

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician