Photo

Marblehead closes docks to Squidding....Cambodia?

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#181 Squished

Squished
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted September 10 2013 - 5:46 AM

Fishing is back in Marblehead but with limitations:

http://marblehead.pa...st&newsRef=true

Checking permits, life jackets for children under 12 and only a certain section can be fished.

• -

#182 bob_G

bob_G
  • Way too many!

• 19,090 posts

Posted September 10 2013 - 5:52 AM

Checking permits, life jackets for children under 12 and only a certain section can be fished.

Hmmm....checking for required fishing permits. I thought everyone said you don't need a salt water license to fish for squid. :laugh:

• -
The Sultan of Sluggo

#183 Squished

Squished
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted September 10 2013 - 6:17 AM

Hmmm....checking for required fishing permits. I thought everyone said you don't need a salt water license to fish for squid. :laugh:

Not my rules! I just live here.:D

• -

#184 rel1

rel1
  • Elite Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted September 10 2013 - 6:36 AM

hotfishgirl- I agree with you on keeping the immigrants off the water. When I first started quahogging commercially in order to register a boat you had to be an American by birth. That kept a lot of people off the water who don't speak English. Ron

• -

#185 2AC911

2AC911

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted September 10 2013 - 6:48 AM

THis is just another example of abuse of a privilege. I fish the Canal on occasion and that will be the next area to close. I have fished there since 1971 and the place has become a dump. Fisherman or as they call themselves are slobs. They are rude, inconsiderate, and to some extent violent. There are groups taking short fish and not one or two but 10 or 20. If you say something they don't speak ENGLISH. They fish thru you and show no respect for laws, rule or even common courtesy.

It's come to a point where they should close off every spot where this is happening. Sorry guys only my opinion.

• -

#186 Squished

Squished
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted September 10 2013 - 8:00 AM

THis is just another example of abuse of a privilege. I fish the Canal on occasion and that will be the next area to close. I have fished there since 1971 and the place has become a dump. Fisherman or as they call themselves are slobs. They are rude, inconsiderate, and to some extent violent. There are groups taking short fish and not one or two but 10 or 20. If you say something they don't speak ENGLISH. They fish thru you and show no respect for laws, rule or even common courtesy.

It's come to a point where they should close off every spot where this is happening. Sorry guys only my opinion.

I agree. Close all shore access in Massachusetts. Fishing by boat should be the only legal option to fish. :huh:

• -

#187 2AC911

2AC911

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted September 10 2013 - 8:04 AM

Either that or get a sh$%load of EPO"s to enforce the laws and punish those who don't. Too bad we as a group of honest fisherman aren't allowed to help.

• -

#188 Dah seee

Dah seee

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted September 10 2013 - 8:13 AM

Originally Posted by rel1 View Post

hotfishgirl- I agree with you on keeping the immigrants off the water. When I first started quahogging commercially in order to register a boat you had to be an American by birth. That kept a lot of people off the water who don't speak English. Ron

Why the discrimination on immigrants? I'm pretty sure someone in your family or ancestor were once immigrants to this country. As a matter of fact, I come from immigrant parents and they work and pay taxes just like everybody else. They may not speak English very much but they have been here long enough to understand it and communicate enough to get by.

As long as the person possess a fishing permit and is fishing within the laws I could careless if they are immigrants or not. Don't put this upon all immigrants.

• -

#189 hotfishgirl

hotfishgirl
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,227 posts
  • Locationduxbury

Posted September 10 2013 - 8:23 AM

I could care less if the person is an alien just possess a fishing permit and fish within the laws I could care less if they are immigrants or not. As long as they can understand the laws which usually requires to be able to read English or have someone translate the rules to them.

• -

#190 nightbite27

nightbite27
  • 5,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,467 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted September 10 2013 - 8:27 AM

do people understand that illegal aliens are different then immigrants?

• -

Alright brain. You don't like me and I don't like you. But let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer

#191 Mike J.

Mike J.
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted September 10 2013 - 11:12 AM

Hmmmmm, Here's the response from Marine Fisheries via email;

Hi Mike,

No permit is required to take squid recreationally.

Cheers,

Shannon

Shannon L. Davis

Revenue Coordinator

MA Division of Marine Fisheries

251 Causeway Street, Ste. 400

Boston, MA 02114

617-626-1621

617-626-1509 FAX

:wee:

Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:39 AM
To: Fish, Marine (FWE); " Subject: Fin Fish

While reading the regulations I see that a recreational permit is required for FIN Fish. Is a permit required for non fin fish species such as squid?

Thank You for the clarification.

Mike Jones

Carver Ma

• -

#192 bb1

bb1
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • LocationWorcester

Posted September 10 2013 - 11:52 AM

Nothing about checking for illegals I see. Typical non enforcement in Massachusetts.
Isn't it interesting that they will check for a new license....but nothing about a MAJOR law!!!

• -

"The Further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

#193 Tailslap

Tailslap
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts
  • LocationTroutland

Posted September 10 2013 - 12:17 PM

Nothing about checking for illegals I see. Typical non enforcement in Massachusetts.
Isn't it interesting that they will check for a new license....but nothing about a MAJOR law!!!

Thank You Rush Limbaugh! If you were any more transparent you would be invisible.

• -

#194 Angler #1

Angler #1
  • Way too many!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,964 posts

Posted September 10 2013 - 12:28 PM

Mike that is what we had put up some time ago in a past post and if the town of Marblehead decides to not allow any one on those piers and fish for squid because they do not have a valid saltwater permit , they might be actionable for a law suit ?

• -
Life member M.B.B.A #509
Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association
Life member Cape Cod Canal

#195 HugeDinghy

HugeDinghy
  • Tiny Richard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,190 posts

Posted September 10 2013 - 12:39 PM

no brown, in this town.

• -