Brewroom

Rate this topic

TimS

Jay, you are missed a whole bunch.

Tim, you put a lot into this. Please take a moment and be proud.

I'm sure they would to a person be ok with that.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Ce n'est pas le mur derrière lequel il se passe quelque chose, mais bien la cuisinière dans laquelle on a brûlé quelque chose

One of the nicest persons I ever met. He made you feel like a long time friend in the first few minutes of meeting him. RIP Jay.

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

One of the nicest persons I ever met. He made you feel like a long time friend in the first few minutes of meeting him. RIP Jay.

^^^^Exactly, can't help but smile when you think of him.

"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
Hedley Lamar
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest, was the low spark of high-heeled boys"
Jim Capaldi & Steve Winwood

Jay........... I think of gentle humor and humility.

How many of you knew that he was world famous in the brewing world ? I didn't know just how famous until after he passed.

I knew he was talented, I sampled quite a bit of his work, but it wasn't until his funeral that i knew how well known he was.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

FOr those not aware, evern MArch the Sports Forum has a Brewroom's MEmorial NCAA March MAdness Bracket. Jay loved basketball, and we named it in his honor. RObraz runs it every year. Gone but not forgotten.

I met Jay once at a Food FLing, but we SOL'd quite a bit. Super nice guy, funny, full of life. I'm glad that so many people keep him in their memory.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to think of something to post about Brewroom since this thread opened and all I keep thinking is "big smile and a heart of gold". It was my pleasure to have met Jay. I'm sure he is laughing at us from somewhere. :wave:

"Lucky" is a fictional character on the interwebs. Nothing "Lucky" says or does can be or should be construed as a real thought by an actual person. Objects in your rear view mirror may appear to be closer than they actually are.

• 2 months later...

Mike that really says it all. It did not know Jay well at all but he made you feel like you did. salt of the earth

"We aren't At Large, we're just avoiding the police.."

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...