2 replies to this topic

#1 Ken D

Ken D

1,000 Post Club!

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted July 04 2013 - 1:46 PM

Good day. RE: the above: there was a run of 330's a while back, that used the plastic black clicker. The injection ID indicated they were a 62-2-309, or some such.

I had a couple of these so I thought I would install one, in a 330 of that era, that I got in for a fix. Well,,, that's a non-starter...the installed tongue from the metal equipped reel refused to accept the plastic clicker. The vee was placed in such a manner the plastic tongue refused to seat.

Which begs the question: in order to get the plastic clicker to work, what's the p/n for the tongue I need to buy, that works with the plastic.

Thanks, Ken.

#2 PENN Fishing

PENN Fishing

1,000 Post Club!

• Insiders (Badge Only)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted July 04 2013 - 6:29 PM

Good day. RE: the above: there was a run of 330's a while back, that used the plastic black clicker. The injection ID indicated they were a 62-2-309, or some such.

I had a couple of these so I thought I would install one, in a 330 of that era, that I got in for a fix. Well,,, that's a non-starter...the installed tongue from the metal equipped reel refused to accept the plastic clicker. The vee was placed in such a manner the plastic tongue refused to seat.

Which begs the question: in order to get the plastic clicker to work, what's the p/n for the tongue I need to buy, that works with the plastic.

Thanks, Ken.

Good evening.....We may have some of the parts you need in our service department. If you could please PM us your mailing information, we'll see if we can get some out to you. I can also send you a link to the revisions that were made when the click system was updated which will explain what parts were changed.

Take care.......Tom

#3 Ken D

Ken D

1,000 Post Club!

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted July 06 2013 - 12:03 PM

Hello, Tom...Note sent. Cheers, KD,