Rudee Inlet fishing Report (Va Beach)

Hi guys,

Just a quick fishing report from Va Beach. I met up with Greg (TitusG, from Richmond) this morning at 9:30 and we put in at Owls Creek. We fished the entire inlet up to the open to tha Atlantic. Greg caught two Taylor Blues and a small Speckled Trout and I caught a keeper Speck myself. We fish about 4 hours during the heat of the day. NOt bad really considering it was really hot today, upper 80's low 90's. But still did god despite the heat At least neither one of us got skunked!!!!

Tight lines

------------------

Va_Yakfisherman@yahoo.com

Darrell, how does VA Beach fish later in the summer? I might be coming down for a week sometime in the July/August timeframe; does everything shutdown? Is Fall the best time to fish? My mother's new place is on Virginia Ave, about 3 blocks from Rudee, so I'm looking forward to fishing that area more frequently.

Chris,

The fishing is good in the early am and in the evenings. Mid day id tough due to heat and humidity. But fish can be caught. I personally prefer the evening about two to three hours before sunset. If you can rig for lights you can stay until it gets full dark. Fish the area right near the Marine Science Museum and you should be fine. I have been out there once already int he evening and all I had was a hand held flashlight and a head lamp and never was in any danger of power boats. Let me know when you are coming down again and I'll see about getting time to go out with ya. Tight lines.

------------------

Va_Yakfisherman@yahoo.com