Jig Dryer

Rate this topic

NJTramcar

I am looking for a rotating jig dryer for teasers and bucktails.

I have found some for around $70 but they don't work well with bucktails.

I don't have the ability to make my own.

Any suggestions for a rotating dryer? I am looking on the BST but also looking for ideas. I am looking to make some jigs for a friends as a gift and have a deadline.

Thanks

google joe calcavecchia and the first thing you will see is his website. "i would give it to you but not allowed to post them"... ask him if he has a motor (which i do think he may have///.) prolly charge you 20 or 25 bucks for it but it will be worth it cause if you stop it from going one way it automatically goes in reverse...i bought a couple off of him a while back. worth a shot to see if he has one. all you need is a cord from an old lamp or appliance to splice the 2 wires together and electrical tape them... piece of round styrofoam or florist foam (at craft store) maybe florist has an old piece in trash that you can shape into a round. punch a hole in middle of foam to epoxy arm of unit. 2 small screws and screw unit to a board/wall/2x4 or whatever. not rocket science. shouldn't cost ya more than 35 bucks total.

i'm here cuz i'm not all there......kooky.gif

Thanks guys, I will be making my own. I can handle the wiring etc but have a question, is there an arm that comes with the model to attach the motor and foam or do I need to make one? If I make one, does it need to be metal or wood (don't want to burn the house down). Thanks.

Did you need to add a shaft or arm to hold the disk on or did it come with one?

I got it free I was a machinist and it is a 6" piece of .625 or 5/8" square steel bar. But I had to get it. Any hardware store or home improvement stores has it. The motor is an old grill motor.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so I finished it with a little help from a good guy at work. You can't see but there is a rocker switch in the back.

Can't wait to use it, thanks everyone for encouraging me to do it. it was easier than I thought and saved a lot of money.

The wheel sits about an inch away from the wood but I can extend it if I need to adjust it down the road.

i knew there would be a happy ending to this thread... now get in touch with brad and buy some epoxy and everything else needed to tie some wicked fly's...

i'm here cuz i'm not all there......kooky.gif

Alright, so I finished it with a little help from a good guy at work. You can't see but there is a rocker switch in the back.

Can't wait to use it, thanks everyone for encouraging me to do it. it was easier than I thought and saved a lot of money.

The wheel sits about an inch away from the wood but I can extend it if I need to adjust it down the road.

Okay, tied some up and used the dryer. it works great for teasers but I am having an issue with bucktails. I was trying 1 and 1.5 oz and they did not hold well in the foam. Any suggestions on a better material?