The best baitcasting reel for casting light lures?

donttreadonme

Im currently using a Abu garcia revo premire gen 2. They were originally 289.99$ but i was able to get mine on ebay for 179.99$. It is the best low profile baitcaster that i have owned in my life so far. If you have trouble finding this reel for this price i suggest that you look into the Shimano Citica 200e. This is a very good reel for the price. Hope this helps Cody

Been a daiwa fan for a long time. My favorite was the liberty pixy. But capitalized on the crazy and sold it.. (upgraded to pixzilla) my light lure reel of choice is the abu revo mgx. With orange seal ceramics. The line comes off easy and the spool with line is light enough that it responds to very slight feathering where as with other higher capacity heavier spools take more pressure that. ******* control if that makes sense. I haven't. Used the new 50 size shimano s at all so I can't comment first hand about how they throw but I've heard positive feedback on the core.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

I recently purchased 2 weeks ago, the Quantum PT Smoke Baitcasting reel SL150PPT well under $200 off an auction site for the purpose for casting spinnerbaits and shallow cranks. It has 5:3:1 ratio, very light 6.8 oz w/o line, 19# drag, spooled with 20# fireline orig. It was this or one of the abu revos. The best?, idk and yet to be determined but very lightweight and smooth to cast no fish yet...

I don't cast anything much lighter than 3/16 oz with my baitcasters, but have thrown 1/8 oz jigs with my Revo's. I'm still using the first generation STX, of which I have a couple.

1/4 oz crankbaits are not a problem with them. I don't know if the newer Revo's are any better than the ones I have, but if I was looking to get another reel & wanted to cast lighter lures, I would definitely consider the Revo's. My 2 cents.

No one likes to be behind the big truck, but it's better than being under it! 

Im a diawa man my self but open to buying other brand im going to look into the revo and the curado 50 thanks for the input

If you're a Daiwa man then splurge a little. Daiwa PX 68 Type R or the older Daiwa Pixy and turn that one into a pixzilla.

I agree with the Curado 50 great reel if you can find them if not just go get a Chronarch 50e. Same exact reel as the discontinued Curado 50e except, they painted it pearl white and named it the Chronarch 50. Excellent baitcaster for light lures, or if your into JDM reels like me, and can afford just a little more money I would get a Scorpion XT1000, which is the same reel and same size as it’s US counterpart Curado/Chronarch 50, Maroon in color and it’s a little more suped up, IMHO a much better reel and depending on where you look it can cost the same or a tad more (anywhere from $20 to $40 more).

Quote:

Originally Posted by raider73 View Post

If you're a Daiwa man then splurge a little. Daiwa PX 68 Type R or the older Daiwa Pixy and turn that one into a pixzilla.

im still a broke ass college student ( i graduate in a couple weeks) that px 68 looks f*****g sick but for 550 no way id rather buy another gun for that price or maybe pay down the credit card but probably not lol. 

I have them all from abu to calcuttas. I always go to my first baitcaster when throwing senkos it's a bass pro combo and flings senkos a mile without backlash at all. will look and see what name is on reel. I paid $65 for combo 25 years ago and caught 100's of bass on it.

troll #122  <*)))<