2013 commercial black sea bass reg's (final)

Rate this topic

loligo

This was decided today in Kingston. These are this years regs.

This is Massachusetts. We have a codfish hanging on our statehouse wall for a reason and it's not because Orvis or Codfish Forever put it there.
Cape And Islands Inshore Fishermen's Association

1 day...keep delivering pizza's. It's all the people like you that caused this.

This is Massachusetts. We have a codfish hanging on our statehouse wall for a reason and it's not because Orvis or Codfish Forever put it there.

Well it looks like we will all be enjoying some August fishing for sea bass.

All? Probably not, some yes.....

I can't wait sea bass honey hole here I come. I can't wait to see u down there. All 30 boats in on 1 wreck

Not me.....I was fishing "that wreck" before you were born.

I'll catch mine right were you and everyone else won't be. I am to c bass what Gary Corsetti was to stripers.....:D

This is where you'll be fishing this summer.....

Did u know Gary had a secret potion that he would put on his baits. Something u like a lot of. Gizzum juice.

That's just what he said.....I oughta know, I sold him many pogies.

John I watched the whole vidio you put up . I would appear that many still wanted the early opening date?

By having the season open near the fall, will that take out the dragger's a little. How about the pot guys?

It will put on a lot of pressure on the scup, but maybe that will not be a bad idea??

I still do not understand the logic stated in regards to keeping the price higher., especially if you are selling smaller fish and the price is higher on those.

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

John I watched the whole vidio you put up . I would appear that many still wanted the early opening date?

By having the season open near the fall, will that take out the dragger's a little. How about the pot guys?

It will put on a lot of pressure on the scup, but maybe that will not be a bad idea??

I still do not understand the logic stated in regards to keeping the price higher., especially if you are selling smaller fish and the price is higher on those.

For starters, the draggers are not really much of a problem in this fishery. They don't target the sea bass, especially with such a low landing limit, in the 90's and before when there wasn't a limit, they'd pull near the rocks and risk tearing up, since they could land as much as they could catch and it'd be worth it, now no.

The pot guys will get the majority of the quota, the hookers, especially the newer ones won't be able to catch them in August and the fish they do get won't be what they see in the spring.

Scup? Worthless....I doubt we'll catch the quota this year.

I don't know what you mean about the smaller fish being worth more? Jumbo's are where the $ is....

The whole problem is how many permits were sold....

2012- striped bass - 1.1 million pounds striper quota 4000 permits - 1,100,000÷4000= 275 pounds per permit, Vs. sea bass, 248,000 black sea bass quota 2012 - 1750 permits (including potters) 248,000÷ 1750 = 141 pounds per permit.

The numbers don't lie....

I made a big mistake when I wrote that....I obviously added a zero when I did the math on my calculator......it's 275/permit on the stripers....