Monster Keeper Striped Bass Blitzes - 2/9/13

Rate this topic

It's probably going on right now along the entire CT and RI shoreline, but unfortunately, my vehicle is immobile :) I've been shoveling since 10am, taking a break to eat, then back out. Hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe. Lift with your legs!

#1 white bucktail. #2 bunker chunk. #3 bone Redfin

This is the jeep that does the plowing, alternator crapped out at 1 am, stuck in the driveway.

My son plowed with the ATV last night where he is now shoveling the next morning.

36" at the house, most snow I've ever seen in 1 storm. I was driving around in the blizzard of 1978 and this was worse.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

33" inches in Guilford. There's a layer of concrete in the middle of this stuff. Burned up the auger belt in my blower. :mad:

Doin it the old fashioned way and trying to get some of the snow load off the roof without making a gravity check.

Well I can attest that gravity still works! I was clearing snow off of our roof with the wife and lost traction while sitting on the roof shoveling and sure enough gravity took over and I found myself quickly embedded into a large snow mound at the bottom of the roof next to the house. Thankfully it was only about a 10-12 ft. fall and I basically laughed it off with the wife. But it could have been a lot worse and I stayed off the roof after that little fiasco. Got a snow rake from the neighbors after snowblowing them out and finished the roof with the rake and a ladder. Just an amazing amount of snow for this area and they are talking more snow for Thursday and possibly another monster storm for the weekend. Man I hope they are wrong.

Michael Mayo
"I work so I can Fish!"

30 inches reported in Bridgeport

Looking south on Main St near Frenchtown Rd on 2/10

<br />

Looking north on Main St towards Frenchtown Rd 2/10

<br />

Frenchtown Rd from Main St 2/10

<br />

Footpath made by pedestrians on Frenchtown Rd near Lake Forest 2/10

<br />

Front yard on Anton St 2/10

<br />

Anton St 2/10

<br />

Front yard on Edgemoor Rd 2/10

<br />

Edgemoor Rd 2/10

<br />

Two days ago at the dinner table I said to my son "you know what you need"? His instant reply was "a snowblower". Yep, I said. Then he said "I need a front deck more than a snowblower". I then said "I'm trapped in, I can't get out of the house". Tomorrow when the shipment of snowblowers arrives at Ganos a Toro 928OE has our name on it.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

Hey mike I dont think gravity works at my house, can you come and check? I have plenty of snow you can experiment with! :p

Glad you are ok.

Well I can attest that gravity still works! I was clearing snow off of our roof with the wife and lost traction while sitting on the roof shoveling and sure enough gravity took over and I found myself quickly embedded into a large snow mound at the bottom of the roof next to the house. Thankfully it was only about a 10-12 ft. fall and I basically laughed it off with the wife. But it could have been a lot worse and I stayed off the roof after that little fiasco. Got a snow rake from the neighbors after snowblowing them out and finished the roof with the rake and a ladder. Just an amazing amount of snow for this area and they are talking more snow for Thursday and possibly another monster storm for the weekend. Man I hope they are wrong.

Carpe Carpio!(seize the carp!)

Nice pics guys. CRAZY SNOW AMOUNTS for CT. Want to see some really wild videos search YouTube for time “lapse blizzard”. Very cool

I must say my little town of Middlebury has by far the best snow removal in the state. I live on a dead end. Last flake hit the ground and my street was cleared. They came back by Monday with bucket loaders and took all the snow away. Even cleaned the front of my driveway. Hats off to the town workers and helpers. I’m def writing a letter Thanking them.

On the opposite side of that equation we have Bpt. Tried to get to my mother in laws Monday to dig her out. Joke. This is her place10001000.

First things I clear are my boat and hot tub.

1000IMG]

1000IMG]

Capt Jay is Hooked on plastics