It's cold I'm bored who's building what 2013 edition

Rate this topic

the greek

Not really all that cold but last nights rain muddied up my fishing plans and I'm bored. Let's see what everybody's up to.

Some stuff I just took off the spinner and some other stuff I finished up recently.

A couple mini's and a 7" swimmer.

The magnum mag darter is 7" 2.7 oz.

Flaptail is 5" and 2.75 oz. One of the most fun plugs to fish with and fish like them a lot.

8" 3.5 oz surfster.

Man this thread has me feeling like I am running behind. :scared: Finally having a lathe is like starting all over again... There'll be some stuff soon. Mostly smaller for the time being. Doing alot of thinking about smallmouth and speckled trout.

Ted, all of that looks great, but the flaptail is frustratingly amazing. Is it off center turned? Super super clean. Expect a pm with some grilling on a few tools/techniques...

FJR - those look alot like some ideas in my head for speckled trout. Especially the bottom one. Really cool texture mask on the top one too.

Winch. I must know more of this kerplunk that you speak of. Most of the time I only associate that sound with my wife holding the line to long on a cast and releasing too late, hence, lure/lead hits water and....kerplunk.

Good stuff guys. I've looked forward to this thread since the one last year.

Originally Posted by south shoreman : dreamsofhatteras - you're seriously twisted...

They ain't great but we'll see how they work. Couple of them need to be finished hardwaring yet and I got a couple more painted and ready to top. Think I did a couple chicken scratch, school bus and a striper in that run. The rainbow jointed below is a prototype. That was done with all marker and it hasn't swam yet.

Some great work you guys do. Ted you amaze me with every plug you turn out.

I just got back on the lathe but trying some new small off center turned plugs for 2013. Also trying to make my own spoon lips for a sealed plug I've been working.

Here's a few I've got done in the past few weeks.

A few off center turned small ones.

A swimmer

And an off center turned swimmer that snapped off on me on the lathe so I hand carved it, and sanded it by hand to save what I could of it.

Nothing finished yet, but have settled on some new designs after much trial and error.

New little Surfster. 5" and 2oz.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

7 1/4" Eelie...2.25oz. Made one out of red cedar and one out of AYC. I like each for specific applications as the red cedar ones can be worked on top and just subsurface while the AYC ones work subsurface and down further...(red cedar shown)

Awesome looking plugs by some Great builders for sure always a pleasure to see the hard work and the finished products that you all produce .. Charlie you have come a long way my friend and have had some amazing builders guiding you along the way and the time and effort has really paid off .. Your work looks amazing well Done for sure !!

evil stevel's...get hooked hooked.gif

Looking good everybody. Glad to see everybody's building stuff. Been a little dead around here. Frank I'll put one of those mini's away for you. TK glad to see the fish are still cooperating. Tin and teaser or are you still getting them on wood? Winch I know you still have some more stuff.

One more pic of some plugs I'm doing for a swap at the other place. Pretty happy with these.