jevon belcher

Rate this topic

HugeDinghy

Doubts based on what? And what does his mother being there have to do with it? He could have stabbed, choked, beat or shot her to death at that time or another time when his mother wasn't around. The gun isn't to blame.

I agree he could have but the gun made it easier (and I said in this specific instance, when his mother WAS there). Think about it. You pull the trigger a few times in a couple of seconds and its over. Choking or beating someone takes a lot longer. His mother may have had a chance to intervene. (However, don't take this post to mean that I don't think people should not have a right to own guns; I just don't think they should be in the hands of people with mental health issues and quite honestly, I would estimate at least 25% of NFL players suffer from some form of it.)

"One of the greatest delusions of the world is the hope that the evils of this world are to be cured by legislation."
Thomas B. Reed 1886

Did it in the parking lot outside their training facility, with Romeo Crennell and Scott Pioli trying to talk him out of it. Blew his brains out right in front of them. :(

Damn, that's a tough thing to have to get out of your mind.

I am old but I'm slow.

Really? How about a knife?

A bat?

A claw hammer?

Speaking of bats and choking, this is from today's paper:

A man who suspected that his wife of 20 years had cheated on him allegedly bludgeoned her to death with a baseball bat yesterday — as their two teenage children frantically called 911 from another room of the family’s Staten Island house.

Gregory Surinaga, 45, described by neighbors as an FDNY mechanic, allegedly choked and beat Jodi Surinaga, 42, in their bedroom and then unsuccessfully tried to hang himself with a TV cable after taking pills.

Officers responding to the desperate 2:25 a.m. call cut him down and arrested him on murder and weapon-possession charges after finding his wife’s body in the Beechwood Place home in Castleton Corners, sources said.

Angelica Surinaga and her younger brother, Michael, were in another room when their dad’s temper allegedly erupted into a murderous rage.

Neighbors believe he snapped after discovering his wife’s alleged infidelity.

“She had an affair, and he moved out, and then they reconciled after a couple of months,” said Chris Dowling, 52, who lives across the street.

After a Sept. 23 verbal dispute at the home, a police report listed Gregory Surinaga as the victim, but there was no arrest.

It's not the gun, it's the killer.