The Riddler

Home Poured Rubber For the Kayak Angler

393 posts in this topic

1000 Tryed some shrimp tails just have not had time to finish my mold yet for some of my own stuff.

Nice! That will fish.

The little brown truck showed up Friday evening with my new Aluminum mold. The bait will be 9.25" that starts out at 3/4" diameter and tapers off mid way to a tapered tail. It will match up great to my jig heads. This is a hand pour mold and is available retail. I had a copy of this type of mold made out of silicone. This bait is a very effective when SB won't eat jumbo plastic.

Riddler: Nice mold. Those plastics look great. Del-Mart mold?? Looks like they may match up well with many types of jig heads. In particular, it looks like it will work well with the bulletnose jig from Do-It mold (number 3310). If you don't mind me asking, what jig mold are you planning on using it with? Thanks.

Riddler: Nice mold. Those plastics look great. Del-Mart mold?? Looks like they may match up well with many types of jig heads. In particular, it looks like it will work well with the bulletnose jig from Do-It mold (number 3310). If you don't mind me asking, what jig mold are you planning on using it with? Thanks.

yes! That's an SB9 mold from Del-Mart. Just shy of 100 bucks with shipping. I'm using a custom bullet nose style but it's 3/4 oz on the back side along with Mustad forged 34185D short shank hooks 8/0 and 7/0.

Hey jeff,

Cool looking baits. Been thinking about getting one from the same place for awhile. Did you have to clamp the mold while pouring? What about separating the two halves?

Ive been to 3 different walmarts in RI looking for the mainstay's/walmart brand silicone, but can only find the GE. Are they still selling it in your area?

-Dave in RI

Hey jeff,

Cool looking baits. Been thinking about getting one from the same place for awhile. Did you have to clamp the mold while pouring? What about separating the two halves?

Ive been to 3 different walmarts in RI looking for the mainstay's/walmart brand silicone, but can only find the GE. Are they still selling it in your area?

-Dave in RI

Hey Dave. Hopefully we will be zooming soon!

It comes with a Male stud and a female coupling in the center. Then you have an alignment spacer that goes on the top to line it up. Undo the female coupling and the 2 halves separate.

Walmart up here has the mainstay brand, ace store brand white also works.

Thanks to Husky here at SOL, this is where I got my info:

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/681038/diy-rtv-molds-for-soft-baits-for-under-a-buck

I never did it but I don't see why not. Make a mold out of plaster of paris. Get your model with the hooks already in it. Pour in POP, let it dry and pull it out. You'll have the hook slots. Every time you pour you will need to stick the two hooks with wire or mono in it Pour your plastic. You may have to do some trimming near the hooks and the eye of of the hook but that's easy. Give it a shot and report back. I may even attempt it just for the hell of it.

Hey guys I've poured into tandem rigged 14" sluggo's and they work great. I wanted to add to the thread that I just watched Larry D use his dust to paint baits withouts having to paint the molds. He just ran a heatgun over the dusted bait 'till it smokes a little, this locks in the dust to customize your baits. I thought this would work out great on those rattail baits without having to add coloring/dust to the inside of those aluminum molds. I'm getting ready to have the brown truck deliver some real soon. Good luck and have fun pouring! Fly :)

Good time to pour this weekend. The baits coming out of the new mold are great. I'm just sending an email now to see if I can get a 13.25"-14.25" version made. :)

If I go it would be last minute. I'm more interested in the other trip MM has up.

I'm a fan of bright pink in the beginning of the season down the cape and for the hold over action as well.