TRIMMER ONLY RUNS WHEN HALF CHOKED

Rate this topic

bass-o-matic

I have a Husqvarna 125L that won't run unless I have the choke 1/2 on. I cleaned the air filter and checked the fuel line and took off the carb and cleaned it. I also cleaned out the vent hole in the fuel tank. My guess is that it is not getting enough fuel but I don't know why. Any thoughts? :huh:

"I just do what the voices in my tackle box tell me to do."

This will be strange but check the fuel line for cracks.

I couldn't get mine to run FWO. Then I couldn't hardly get it to run at all.

Cleaned carb, air filter, etc.

Finally opened up the tank to check the gas filter and the fuel line had split.

I cut it back past the split and reattached the fuel pickup and it fired right up.

Problem now is that the fuel pickup sits lower than factory and will run out of fuel at slighly less than half a tank, just like the old home depot ad's. "That forklift only holds half a tank of gas." Little known Normie that fact that I went to High School with the guy what wrote that ad. True.

#otterlivesmatter

• 1 month later...
Replaced the gaskets and cleaned the carb, check the fuel line. Still runs like s*%t. :cry:

:idea: Those Honda 4stroke trimmers look real nice.!

Check the gas cap vent. If it's stuck partial or completely, that will drive ya nuts :mad:

I'm also buying the pre-mix stuff at Homies, Never a problem. :)

when u clean the carb what im gonna say may sound crazy but put your sun glasses on and take the garden hose with the spray nozzle and really spray every orfice.watch inside the throat at all the minute idle circuit holes to make sure they are misting water out.its like having a wet flow bench . water on you or in your eye hurts alot less than carb cleaner with compressed air.ive been doeing this on carbs of  all all sorts for decades.

Now a days it has been alot cheaper to just replace the carb. I work on alot of small engines and I have seen new carbs retail for $15-$30. Just a thought but it may save you alot of time and headaches to just replace the carb. Ethanol in the fuel is really causing all kinds of problems in small engines.

I agree with checking the fuel lines for small cracks. Does your carb has a primer bulb on it? If so does it fill completely when pressed?

9 times out of 10 its a glogged jet or the needle has a piece of dirt under it. Happens alot with stuff that sits all winter. Id pull them out and make sure they are absolutely clean.

Agree, if it isn't debris its crap fuel clogging a jet, needle or passage in the carb body.

CT

Double check the needle valve and seat assembly (I would rebuild the carb again). If it runs half-choked, it's got to be starving for fuel. You replaced the gaskets and checked/replaced the fuel line and cap - might want to check them again.

Spray all the carb passages out again with carb cleaner and compressed air. Hopefull it's just a clogged passage.

4th of July sale at your neighborhood Honda yard equipment dealer...:D