Travon Martin Buy's Skittles and Iced Tea

Rate this topic

RiverRaider

Has anyone espoused the theory that Zimmerman was trying to take the bag of skittles from Martin, and shot poor Trayvon because he would not give up the Skittles.

Or was it the tea? Could have been a warn evening and he really needed some tea.

Be the chimp, not the frog.....

Flame me all you want...

Trayvon looks shifty just buying Skittles and Iced tea....

Go Ahead have at me... dont care.. just being honest

I'm not adding a link they never work for me... the video is around

"Trayvon looks shifty just buying Skittles and Iced Tea"? Where did that thought pattern originate? I have a 14 and 18 year old and they subsist on Skittles and Iced Tea and we live in a very rural setting. I'd hate to think my 18 year old couldn't take my 14 year old to the local 7-11 for Skittles without being harrassed by a jerk with a gun for looking "shifty".

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.

Has anyone espoused the theory that Zimmerman was trying to take the bag of skittles from Martin, and shot poor Trayvon because he would not give up the Skittles.

My son once punched a girl in the stomach because she wouldn't give him any of her TicTacs - but he was 4.

<p><p></p></p>

Or was it the tea? Could have been a warn evening and he really needed some tea.

Great!! Just keep the laughs coming until someone in your family is targeted for being thirsty or looking "shifty".

This post is downright racist, elitist and coldhearted. Let's laugh about things that are actually funny, like Mitt Romney!!

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.

"Trayvon looks shifty just buying Skittles and Iced Tea"? Where did that thought pattern originate? I have a 14 and 18 year old and they subsist on Skittles and Iced Tea and we live in a very rural setting. I'd hate to think my 18 year old couldn't take my 14 year old to the local 7-11 for Skittles without being harrassed by a jerk with a gun for looking "shifty".

I think RiverRaider's opening post is ironic.

In the larger, societal context:

MSM reportage and pop culture reinforce this poisonous stereotype: "Those nixxers are all criminals."

NEGROPHOBIA AND REASONABLE RACISM: The Hidden Costs of Being Black in America. By Jody David Armour . New York University Press: 204 pp., $24.95

CHANNEL SURFING: Race Talk and the Destruction of Today's Youth. By Henry A. Giroux . St. Martin's: 248 pp., $22.95

August 10, 1997|RANDALL KENNEDY | Randall Kennedy is the author of "Race, Crime, and the Law" and a professor at Harvard Law School

Both of these books are largely concerned with the negative image of African Americans in the public mind and the baleful effects of that imagery on private conduct and public policies.

Both contend that African Americans continue to suffer a peculiar and unfair stigmatization created by the widespread association of blackness with dangerous criminality.

Both maintain, in Jody David Armour's words, that "the most disturbing source of dread in modern America [is] Black violence."

"Negrophobia and Reasonable Racism" examines ways in which the specter of "black violence" shapes the administration of criminal justice.

"Channel Surfing" investigates reflections of this dread and broader anxieties about other vulnerable groups, particularly youngsters, that emerge in various forums of popular culture, including films, newspapers, magazines and books.

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?

Flame me all you want...

I am already regreting this post... I also hope to god that doesnt happen to your children.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

I wish I had mentioned this right off.... my comment has not a thing to do with the color of Martin's skin.... but rather his style of dress and manner in general... if a white woman with blond hair and blue eyes was inside that garb, displaying the same body language.. I would think the same thing

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

Flame me all you want...

Did you really think my point was the fact that he was buying skittles and Iced tea?

here's the video: Martin takes a long time to fumble out the money and seems to be swaying somewhat at 0.25. Pants so saggy he has to hike em up at 1:04. Plus he's a BIG S.O.B.!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPOXuw9va6E

Quote:Originally Posted by RI PopperWell looks like your gonna have to make the gumbo with Berkly Gulp instead LOL

here's the video: Martin takes a long time to fumble out the money and seems to be swaying somewhat at 0.25. Pants so saggy he has to hike em up at 1:04. Plus he's a BIG S.O.B.!

Now your complaining he paid for his stuff and he ask for a bag and has a conversation with the clerk and of course the Pants along with the hoodie and hes a big kid .. Whats your point ? other than suggestion yep zimmerman was justified

Now your complaining he paid for his stuff and he ask for a bag and has a conversation with the clerk and of course the Pants along with the hoodie and hes a big kid .. Whats your point ? other than suggestion yep zimmerman was justified

The only person who has suggested Zimmerman was justified based on Martins appearance is you... not Hairy

(*Edited - the next step is removing you from the PG Forum. This is a discussion, if you can't add anything relative to the discussion, then don't bother posting in these discussions. Your racist crap isn't welcome in these threads. TimS)

The more that things change, the more they stay the same.

Gotta love all the pictures of Martin that are shown on the MSM. What a joke........this video pretty much sums up what I figured all along. He wasn't the precious little school boy the MSM makes him appear to be. Lets hope the "white Latino"/"white Hispanic" gets a fair trial. Sad day when the media convicts someone before they ever have a chance to appear before a jury of his peers.

"Quality before Quantity"

Jeez, the clerk didn't seem too scared of him, even with the hoodie and him buying skittles and all.

"well, outside of moderators wishing death upon us, everything is good."