Hobie pro angler coming out with a smaller 12 ft version this month

We were told about the new boat a while ago but were ordered not to make it public so I cant discuss it until April 15th when Hobie will make it oficial on its website. The full size PA is not a pig but is faster then an Outback and slightly slower theen a Revo, yet it could carry two revos onboard. The new 12 should be much quiker yet as stable as the big one. PA's are so hard to get now. Hobies production can not keep up with the demand.

BARRELL

We were told about the new boat a while ago but were ordered not to make it public so I cant discuss it until April 15th when Hobie will make it oficial on its website. The full size PA is not a pig but is faster then an Outback and slightly slower theen a Revo, yet it could carry two revos onboard. The new 12 should be much quiker yet as stable as the big one. PA's are so hard to get now. Hobies production can not keep up with the demand.

Somehow the words fast and pro angler don't fit.

off course it makes sense,outback without turbo fins and the PA comes with them from stock. i workout like a mad man every single day,so i went ot he place a while ago and told the guy if he allow me to lift it up from the nose,it was empty and boy i went Huuuhhhggrrrr,darm the thing is a truck.but you know what?,it's not like we'll be lifting it every single day.can't wait for the new one. Hey Barrell,do you know if the price will stay the same?whats the price.

In order for you to be respected you have to respect yourself first.Be thankful for everything you have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post

i think his point was to dispel the myth that it is a slow "tug".  I've owned an outback, then a revo and now a pro angler.  i was expecting the PA to be slower than the outback but was pleasantly surprised.  I think it gets up to speed about the same as the outback but glides better.  I barely noticed any drop off coming from the revo.  Is it a speed demon no, but it isnt the lumbering beast that some might think it is.  :)

Mike S

I f you think about it drag is what keeps us stuck to the water. Its why a 21 foot boat with a 150 horse power only goes 30 knots. Anytime you can reduce friction or drag you can make a hull go fster. If you look at a cat hull on the water there is a fraction of wetted surface area compared to a single hull. The Pro Angler at 38 inches wide is slightly faster then the 34 inch wide Outback. The fastest kayak I have ever paddled is the delts Catfish. The two slender hulls are only 3 inches deep into the water when Im sitting in it. Probabaly 50% less wetted area then a single hull the same length.

BARRELL