Hardy Golden Prince Fly reels

Rate this topic

Steve462x0

New to the forum and enjoy fly fishing. Was going threw some old stuff and found this set I purchase in England back in the early 80's and wondered if anyone else has ever seen a set. They are a matched serial numbered #135 set of Golden Prince first edition reels.DSC00046.jpgDSC00049.jpg

Can't tell the size from the picture ( 9/10-11/12? ) Are they stamped 1st edtion?

Those reels are Highly Collectable. I wouldn't fish them! I would do some research you may have a gold mine there!

I have a friend that deals in Classic Fly Tackle & would be able to help you out. His name is Rick Sorrenson & owns west slope classic Fly Tackle.

You can find him if you google them. If you contact him tell him Ron AKA Sharky sent you!

Yes they are first edition serial # 135 9-10 11-12 and they haven't ever been fished or even had line put on them. I still have the hand written tag in the case with the serial# written on it. I was stationed in England when they were released. I bought them from a small fly fishing store in Felixstowe, England.