Cabelas in Sayreville NJ?

Rate this topic

awrecks

I saw an article a while back where they were going to build a giant retail complex over there. It might have included a cabelas but I took a look on the way by last weekend and it didn't seem like there was any type of project going on at all.

I just looked at cabelas website and they do not show a planned store for NJ at this time. They do show planned stores in other states.

just for the heck of it, I did the same thing for Bass pro. Nothing there either.

I ate one anchovy, and that is why I did not eat two anchovies.

There was originally a plan for a Bass Pro Shops NOT Cabelas over in Sayreville I believe the area they said was called the Point and it was going to be one of the major stores in that area along with alot of other stores that were going to be built where the National Lead factory used to be. As of now I do not know if they are continuing with the project over there or not. I haven't heard anything in the paper yet or in the news so who knows.

They are working on the project right now. If you are driving the Parkway South look to your right when you cross the big bridge that goes over the Raritan. That is the approved site (Marsh land - same as Xanadu).

You can find all the details online including preview pictures.

Google The point in Sayreville, NJ

It is going to be a Bass Pro Shops not a Cabelas.

Cabelas was planning on Xanadu but pulled out a long time ago when the project was taking to long to develop. Looking back they made the right move. This new project called the point just reminds me of Xanadu which still has not opened. I did a bunch of work with the GM at Xanadu and the place is incredible on the inside but the outside looks like crap. Also needs about another billion or two to finish up the site.

The Point will have less competition, Xanadu is within 20 miles of about 20 other super malls.

(*member formerly known as 'JohnB.')

Let say BPS does go up in Sayerville, how many of us are taking the $$$ spent in our favorite local B & T shops & spending it there?  I'm sure my curiosity will get the best of me and want to chk it out but I've spent too much time in my local shop and developed great friendships there to take my $$$ else where.

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

I thought i read it somewhere that the site is going through a remediation process for site contanimation coordinated with the epa. The cleanup is going to be lenghty and pricey process for 14acres before any construction phases begin... good luck getting the NFR letter.

IMO bps is overrated but does have a nice aquarium, there are some big bass in there. I always wondered how all the predatory fish can coexist in such a confined space...

Let say BPS does go up in Sayerville, how many of us are taking the $$$ spent in our favorite local B & T shops & spending it there?  I'm sure my curiosity will get the best of me and want to chk it out but I've spent too much time in my local shop and developed great friendships there to take my $$$ else where.

I would go there for freshwater supplies, not saltwater. Everything I need for the beach I can find locally and I prefer to support my local shops. I can't say the same thing about freshwater gear.

Mind on a permanent vacation. The ocean is my only medication. Wishin' my condition ain't ever gonna go away.

It is Bass Pro and they are doing it along the river just upstream of the parkway. The project calls for condos and shopping with luxury department stores anchoring the development and BPS along the water with 2-3 marinas etc. I just don't get it myself, the last big mall project in the area was Xanadu and it fell flat on it's face in times that were marginally better.

It's also being built over some really nasty land. I don't care how much remediation they do, I remember coming over the bridge when I was a kid and seeing the pools there displaying different pastel colors courtesy of national lead and the paint they manufactured there. They closed several areas along the bayshore from lead contamination that originated at National Lead, the actual factory grounds have to be a nightmare. The marina idea is nice too but it's probably 15 miles to the tip of the hook so it'll be a long run for anyone who keeps a boat there. Might be more of the cruising crowd that will like being that far up the river.