<>< 2012 Kick Cancer - Win A VAN STAAL - Raffle! <><

Rate this topic

IronMike

Again, due to the incredible generosity of SOL'er

bospa357 , I am delighted to be able to offer this extremely valuable VAN STAAL VS-250S in GOLD! - This reel is all original, never used and engraved - it's a GORGEOUS reel that really speaks to the VAN STAAL heritage. Thank you very much Bob!

Your donations help support cutting edge cancer research by supporting my participation in the 2 day 196 mile Pan-Massachusetts Challenge (bike-a-thon which raises funds for Dana Farber's Jimmy Fund). I'd greatly appreciate your generous contribution and only wish I had a reel to give to all. Alas, I have but the single amazing and rare item here :), so BUY BIG and increase your chances! :)

How do you enter?

By popular demand over the past couple of raffle years, I'm offering additional pricing options with each level offering a lower price/entry (as you'd expect):

1 for $10 donation

3 for $20 donation

10 for $50 donation

30 for $75 donation

50 for $100 donation

Please make a check or Money Order out to "The Jimmy Fund" and contact me for address,

or you can go HERE!

Cash in person works as well (please don't mail cash)!

Once payment is received I will send your entries. Raffle purchases will end on March 31st at noon.

Drawing will be on APRIL FOOLS DAY! at 8pm and posted by 10pm!

Lets make a FOOL out of cancer!

There's nothing fishy about this - 100% of your donation goes towards cancer research - YES - 100%! - through The Jimmy Fund. Well, there's something fishy about this, your donation is directed, by my choice, to support the cutting edge pediatric based research of Dr. Wolfram Goessling's Zebra Fish lab - www.fishing4stemcells.org ! Dr. Goessling practices catch and release - all research is performed on live (but sleeping) fish!

The PMC and The Jimmy Fund are 501©(3) charities. Learn more about The Jimmy Fund by clicking here!

[img= a> <a href=http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3186967/width/600/height/449' alt='449'>

A little in abundance is a lot.

Kickin' off the 2012 Jimmy Fund Raffle in a big way. :wave:

It's all your hard work Mike that keeps me in the game each year. :D

This reel is one sweet beauty folks. Don't be shy, get your raffle tickets for a once in a lifetime chance to own a piece of Van Staal and Surfcasting history.

Absolutely kicking it off in a big way Bob (and already been on the bike the other day with TitaniumSam for a nice ride in the great weather)!

This will be my 10th year of participation in the PMC and I'm just about $10,000 away from raising a total of $100,000 for The Jimmy Fund since I started doing this in 2003 - Sam's first year of NED (No Evidence of Disease). Every year since then is another year as a survivor and another year I hope there are increasing percentages of survivors! Sadly, with some pediatric cancers in particular, that's just not the case. Each wake I attend increases the fire burning inside to stop these insidious diseases from taking our family and friends.

Help Me to Help Them - KICK CANCER!

Done and THANKS MAN!

Perhaps, like last year, I will make the reel the Grand Prize and have a 2nd Prize! I know I like raffles with multiple levels giving more chances to win something! :)

Hmmmm...does Van Staal makes pliers like ZeeBaaS's? :)

Mike,

This is a great thing you're doing. I'll be donating some $$$$$ thru your web site, especially after my diagnosis of non-cureable (as of now, anyway) metastatic prostate cancer. I've placed my life in the hands of the great people at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in Manhattan. The Jimmy Fund is truly a great way to donate as 100% of the money goes toward research. It rips my heart out when I see these young kids in the hospital, most of them with smiles from ear-to-ear...some, unfortunately, do not smile. At least I've lived a pretty good life....a lot of those poor kids will never have a chance. Keep up the great work.

Ken

CC

Iron Mike & Bob, I wish you both strength and stamina to keep up this generous fund raiser.May your efforts to the cancer research " Dana Farber's Jimmy Fund " not go unrewarded. I only hope that 2012 is truly the year the research ends and  kick the cancer treatments begin!  May gods speed assist the good scientist and doctors showing them the way to the cure.

You have my support and best wishes.

Lou T

Mike,

This is a great thing you're doing. I'll be donating some $$$$$ thru your web site, especially after my diagnosis of non-cureable (as of now, anyway) metastatic prostate cancer. I've placed my life in the hands of the great people at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in Manhattan. The Jimmy Fund is truly a great way to donate as 100% of the money goes toward research. It rips my heart out when I see these young kids in the hospital, most of them with smiles from ear-to-ear...some, unfortunately, do not smile. At least I've lived a pretty good life....a lot of those poor kids will never have a chance. Keep up the great work.

Ken

Ken, words escaped me when I read your post late last night. To be perfectly honest, they aren't flowing very well now either. To me, your support means so very much and I'm truly humbled and awestruck by your selflessness while you stand up against this miserable disease.

Sloan-Kettering is an amazing place and I have seen collaboration between DFCI, Sloan, Albert Einstein, etc. directly as my son's diagnosis was confirmed through this process.

What a gesture!! And for a great cause.

And April's Fools Day just up's my odds!!!

Way to go Mike!!

Way to be IN Tim! I'm no FOOL when it comes to this - cancer SUCKS and we're gonna KICK IT HARD and keep kicking it until it surrenders!

Iron Mike & Bob, I wish you both strength and stamina to keep up this generous fund raiser.May your efforts to the cancer research " Dana Farber's Jimmy Fund " not go unrewarded. I only hope that 2012 is truly the year the research ends and  kick the cancer treatments begin!  May gods speed assist the good scientist and doctors showing them the way to the cure.

You have my support and best wishes.

Lou T

Lou, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I share your dream and know this: every year - every DAY - there are new treatments and CURES found for so many forms of cancer. Dr. Goessling's dream is to develop non-chemo or radiation based treatments and also to develop PREVENTATIVE treatments so those susceptible never develop the disease in the first place. Dr. Farber was a great man with an amazing idea (poisoning fastest growing cells), but the future is in treating our loved ones and ourselves without the detrimental (to say the least) side effects of chemo. It's possible and already happening!