Photo

Dreams: When people who have died appear in your dreams...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Cortez The Killie Killer

Cortez The Killie Killer
  • 5,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts

Posted February 20 2012 - 9:52 AM

For the past several months I've had recurring dreams where my mother appears --- she passed away 8 years ago. In my dream, it's pleasant, calm, welcomed; I've woken up disappointed that it was only a dream since it was so real. The past couple of nights there have been cameo appearances from others who have died... A home-health- care nurse that used to come to my house, a friend's child --- this is creeping me out! :shock: I woke up at 4AM this morning and had very little interest in closing my eyes again. :shock:

#2 Ditch Jigger

Ditch Jigger
  • This space for rent

• 63,618 posts
  • LocationBournedale, MA

Posted February 20 2012 - 10:58 AM

My father has been making guest appearances in my dreams for over 30 years now. He passed away in November, 1981. It's always in a loving, comfortable setting.

Mom hasn't shown up yet (January 2011), nor have any of my deceased aunts/uncles/cousins. Just dad. I wonder whether he's at peace somewhere, or wandering. I'm convinced he's appeared to my daughter and several other people, while they were in his old home, where mom lived and where my sister still lives.

The Admin. Who Couldn't Stop Ankle-Biting

#3 Sparky

Sparky
  • Way too many!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,866 posts

Posted February 20 2012 - 11:04 AM

I get it all the time. Parents, brother, friends... :(

I'm a bad man.

But I'm too good for you. 

#4 yeawhateva

yeawhateva
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted February 20 2012 - 11:06 AM

i dream of my dad all the time. he is still alive.

#5 Mokes

Mokes
  • Way too many!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,746 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted February 20 2012 - 11:09 AM

I rarely even remember my dreams now. I used to have very vivid dreams, but now its very subdued. Not sure why really. I had a terrible reoccurring dream before I met my wife and after about a month of living together, it stopped. Forever.

i changed my sig because I wanted to and nobody made me!!!

#6 yeawhateva

yeawhateva
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted February 20 2012 - 11:15 AM

i have this paralyzed thing going on sometimes; my brain awakes before my body and its like i'm trapped in a johnny got his gun type of scenario . effing horrible. happened yesterday again.

#7 Mokes

Mokes
  • Way too many!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,746 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted February 20 2012 - 11:24 AM

i have this paralyzed thing going on sometimes; my brain awakes before my body and its like i'm trapped in a johnny got his gun type of scenario . effing horrible. happened yesterday again.

That must suck and be pretty scary.

I was having this weird dream where I would try and fight this guy on a river's edge and never could swing at him. (you know that old chestnut.....)

Well...one night, I'm in bed with my now wife and I'm having that same old frustrating dream again. This time, I pick up a big round rock in my dream and I slam it right into this guy's face and he falls down, dead as a doornail, lol.

Dream never came back. I woke up and was like..."YEAH!!! **** YOU PAL!!"

I always tell my wife, she's the reason that happened. That dream haunted me for years and years too.

i changed my sig because I wanted to and nobody made me!!!

#8 Sparky

Sparky
  • Way too many!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,866 posts

Posted February 20 2012 - 11:57 AM

I punched myself in the head last week.
I woke up because it hurt.

I'm a bad man.

#9 yeawhateva

yeawhateva
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted February 20 2012 - 12:00 PM

That must suck and be pretty scary.
I was having this weird dream where I would try and fight this guy on a river's edge and never could swing at him. (you know that old chestnut.....)
Well...one night, I'm in bed with my now wife and I'm having that same old frustrating dream again. This time, I pick up a big round rock in my dream and I slam it right into this guy's face and he falls down, dead as a doornail, lol.
Dream never came back. I woke up and was like..."YEAH!!! **** YOU PAL!!"
I always tell my wife, she's the reason that happened. That dream haunted me for years and years too.

hate to tell you, but that "guy" you smashed with the rock was your youthly freedom. that's why it hasn't happened since you have been with your wife. :)

i had a dream last night that i mistakenly ate cat food and i think i spit on my pillow; maybe on the wife too.

#10 Sparky

Sparky
  • Way too many!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,866 posts

Posted February 20 2012 - 12:02 PM

hate to tell you, but that "guy" you smashed with the rock was your youthly freedom. that's why it hasn't happened since you have been with your wife. :)

Ouch :blackeye:

I'm a bad man.

#11 seadogface

seadogface
  • Way too many!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,870 posts
  • Locationself imposed exile on a small north shore rock in Assachusettes

Posted February 20 2012 - 12:42 PM

For the past several months I've had recurring dreams where my mother appears --- she passed away 8 years ago. In my dream, it's pleasant, calm, welcomed; I've woken up disappointed that it was only a dream since it was so real. The past couple of nights there have been cameo appearances from others who have died... A home-health- care nurse that used to come to my house, a friend's child --- this is creeping me out! :shock: I woke up at 4AM this morning and had very little interest in closing my eyes again. :shock:

My father has been making guest appearances in my dreams for over 30 years now. He passed away in November, 1981. It's always in a loving, comfortable setting.
Mom hasn't shown up yet (January 2011), nor have any of my deceased aunts/uncles/cousins. Just dad. I wonder whether he's at peace somewhere, or wandering. I'm convinced he's appeared to my daughter and several other people, while they were in his old home, where mom lived and where my sister still lives.

I get it all the time. Parents, brother, friends... :(

i dream of my dad all the time. he is still alive.

I'd give my left nut to hear thier voices

Signature? I don't need no stinking signature.

seadogface

#12 DAQ

DAQ
  • 5,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,401 posts

Posted February 20 2012 - 4:11 PM

I have lost several very close people but the only one that has made it to my dreams is my mother. The dreams she appears in are always calm and comfortable for me too. I too, have wondered why I don't see my dead friends or other family members.

"On a long enough time line the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"

#13 Reed422

Reed422
  • Way too many!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,243 posts

Posted February 20 2012 - 4:48 PM

I've had dreams of dead people as well. Not sure what I think of them.

#14 pricise10

pricise10
  • Way too many!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,984 posts
  • LocationWhite devil land

Posted February 20 2012 - 5:05 PM

I dream of my brother everyday, wish I can never wake up just to be with him another day.

"Goya Pro Staffer".

EGGY Award Winner For The Month Of Mayo.

#15 TLDig

TLDig
  • Way too many!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,988 posts

Posted February 20 2012 - 5:35 PM

my father never shows up in my dreams, but he shows up at the house every now and then.

he hasn't been here though. gotta admit. i kind of miss him. i was getting used to the weird stuff

Ack. Foo.
I want to die from a good old fashioned case of living.