Ocean Kayak Scupper Valves, neat idea!

I picked up a set of Ocean Kayak scupper valves, they come in medium only, and fit in the seat scupper holes on my Trident 11. They seem well made and only test I've done was in kitchen sink, but it looks like they will drain water out and not let any in, nice thing for a fat ,old man! I'm wondering if they will really work with the rubber flapper being in the water with pressure pushing it closed, and less water pressure trying to push it open. I'm planning on leaving them in all the time, and lanyard them somehow so they don't get lost during transport. I have the set of scupper plugs but they don't work once water is in and the fit is not as nice, I only hope that they will be coming out with the size to feet the foot well area also...............Jack

Just wanna fish!
DMS#1157    NCBBA#11293     NJBBA#4597

Yellow Eyed Devil from the beginning!

Here is a picture, with a skewer through one to show the flapper. Riddler you thought of something I hadn't, as the kayak zips (yes I zip) through the water it will probably suck the water out, could be way kool!.....jack

Just wanna fish!

I forget what forum I was on (may of been this one) but I remember seeing a post were someone made home made versions similar to the ball in a snorkel. It was pvc with o-rings and I forget what he used for the ball. When water would come up into the scupper the ball was pushed up against the o-ring, when the kayak raised the ball would drop and the water would drain.

Our store accidentally ordered 90 of these instead of 9 pair. :shock:

If anyone wants to do an SOL bulk buy, shout out here I will figure out a price where the shop breaks even and we get rid of about 34 extra pair.

I get all my new Tarpons tomorrow and I will unwrap my Hobies here at home to see how they fit either of those brands. They are very cool. If enough guys say 'I am in' I will work up some pricing and I will prolly ship em to you at cost, just to get em gone. :)

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

K, I will call my OK rep and see what he knows about a fit chart. My wildy order is sitting in a truck somewhere, so no luck yesterday trying to fit em. I will keep ya posted.

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

Damn, they do fit the foot wells, the transducer side is real tight but it fits, I will have to get on Shipwrecks list. I guess you could get one, but the pair I got from OK was only $8.99, and they actually look like they are worth more. My best bud has a Wilderness tarpon 10, we'll have to see if they fit that also......Jack

Just wanna fish!

My perceptions and Wilderness yaks just got in. I will try to fit them in different boats. I got yer pms and as soon as I can take a breath I will figure out what they fit by trying them in person.