Iran to send Naval Warships near US Atlantic Coast

Rate this topic

Hawker

Ok... how do you muslim symphasizers and liberal woosies feel about this? I don't like it one damn bit.

Iran planning to send ships near U.S. waters

(CNN) -- Iran plans to send ships near the Atlantic coast of the United States, state-run Islamic Republic News Agency reported Tuesday, quoting a commander.

"The Navy of the Iranian Army will have a powerful presence near the United States borders," read the headline of the story, in Farsi.

"Commander of the Navy of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran broke the news about the plans for the presence of this force in the Atlantic Ocean and said that the same way that the world arrogant power is present near our marine borders, we, with the help of our sailors who follow the concept of the supreme jurisprudence, shall also establish a powerful presence near the marine borders of the United States," the story said. The reference to the "world arrogant power" was presumably intended to refer to the United States.

IRNA cited the force's website as saying that the announcement was made by Adm. Habibollah Sayari on the 31st anniversary of the Iran-Iraq war.

State-run Press TV said Sayari had announced similar plans in July. In February, two Iranian Navy ships traversed the Suez Canal in the first such voyages by Iranian ships since 1979.

U.S. Defense Department officials had no immediate reaction to Tuesday's announcement. The United States has deployed fleets to the Persian Gulf in the past.

State-run Press TV, citing IRNA, said Tuesday's announcement came as Iran also plans to send its 16th fleet of warships to the Gulf of Aden to protect Iranian vessels and oil tankers from pirates, who have hijacked dozens of ships and exchanged their crews for ransom.

The Islamic Republic has repeatedly assured that its military might poses no threat to other countries, stating that Tehran's defense doctrine is based only on deterrence, Press TV reported in a story in July about the deployment of submarines to international waters.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/27/world/meast/iran-navy/

Ok... how do you muslim symphasizers and liberal woosies feel about this? I don't like it one damn bit.

I'm confused.....are the Muslims sending the war ships, or an actual country - Iran?

Also, I know some "liberal woosie's" that you would dare call a woosie to their face. Just sayin.

I'm confused.....are the Muslims sending the war ships, or an actual country - Iran?

Also, I know some "liberal woosie's" that you would dare call a woosie to their face. Just sayin.

Iranians are muslims. I'm not worried about liberal woosies. The venue doesn't matter. Just sayin.

Iranians are muslims. I'm not worried about liberal woosies. The venue doesn't matter. Just sayin.

This liberal was a pro boxer, I'm almost 50, but if I'm in a bad enough mood.....

So the "Christians" bombed Iraq?

yes muslims are sending the ships.

Pay attention.

By the way, if you want to play an obfuscation game, then note that countries cant do things.. people do things.

And these people are muslims.

Pay attention.

All Muslims and not just the Iranian one's?

You don't need to tell me to pay attention.... ever....certainly not twice. So, put a sock in it and stick to the issue, unless of course, you can't. :p

Yes, It started with the completely unsolicited "pay attention" remark.....

Me? A troll? That's a laugh, thanks. :laugh:

No, this thread was a troll - "Ok... how do you muslim symphasizers and liberal woosies feel about this?"

The troll started when you came in with your bullspit. Why don't you take the news report for what it is and move on.

The troll started when you came in with your bullspit. Why don't you take the news report for what it is and move on.

Sorry, wen you frame your opining statement by calling Libs "woosie's" you are inviting people to respond in kind. :confused: Thought you wanted a good scrap, guess you were just kidding. I apologize. :p

Anyway, back to the thread, enough about me......