Does worchestershire sauce go bad?

Rate this topic

Well, after all, his given name IS Richard, even though he hates being called that.......;)

:laugh:

I ONCE jokingly called him Richard when I saw him, and his reply was "Who are you calling a Richard? :squid:" ;)

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

We had an old bottle of Worceserteshisterrshire sauce go bad here about 3 years ago.

The bottle started hanging out with the Tabasco sauce and things went from bad to worse. One night we found him trying to unscrew the cap on the tartar sauce. We had to throw him out.

You're getting sleepy. ....very sleepy.....

See, ya fell into the trap.....:p. If ya bought a ten year old bottle of Scotch (or Cognac or Brandy or whatever) in 1990 and opened it today, it is STILL just a ten year old bottle of Scotch (even though it is now 31 years old), cause Scotch only "ages" when it is in the barrel. Once it is put in a glass bottle and sealed, it "ages" no more..............if ya don't believe me, look it up..............;)

Why MIKE? WHY!!!!!!

The year, 2015.

The Post - SiM revisiting the aging of Scotch, and how he bested Mike in a battle of wits.......

At least this time he is right. As for a handy process for speeding up the cooling down of beer, not so much.......

Just goes to show, I don't know everything and I'm not much a a Scotch drinker....

I understand that once the contact with wood has stopped, that flavoring stops. And if that's how they count years for purposes of labels and grading of Scotch, fine. I just don't believe that organic compounds stop interacting with each other, however slowly, once they are in the bottle.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

Just goes to show, I don't know everything and I'm not much a a Scotch drinker....

I understand that once the contact with wood has stopped, that flavoring stops. And if that's how they count years for purposes of labels and grading of Scotch, fine. I just don't believe that organic compounds stop interacting with each other, however slowly, once they are in the bottle.

You are probably right. I have seen old unopened bottles of single malt with sediment on the bottom. No way of knowing now whether that was a faulty seal or not. But, the issue is why get into a dispute with Steve. As the "quick chilling of beer" episodes (and dozens of other threads) proves, even when you win, you lose..... He just pretends the topic was about something else, and blathers on and on about theoretical thermodyamics.