North Shore Report

Rate this topic

C Bass

I fished Cape Ann from shore for the last three days. Macks were around all three days so we were livelining for most of the time. Macks usually showed up two hours before high tide till an hour after high. On Friday my buddy got two schoolies and I got the skunk.Yesterday I got a small keeper and today both if us got the skunk. However, a guy on the rock pile next to me got a small keeper on a mack chunk. I cannot believe there were not bigger fish around with so many macks present in the area. I see from your reports that the bigger fish are already south of Cape Ann though. Maybe I should change my fishing location. smile.gif On a side note, Friday and Saturday the water was murky but today it looked much better.

Cheers,

D

Were you down on the beach where the sand bar used to be around sun up?

Saw a few guys plugging down there but didn't make it quite down to them.

I had one hit and no hookups.

Yes, I was. I fished the beach front until sunrise, fixed some technical trouble with my reel, then went on the refuge for a couple stops.

"well, outside of moderators wishing death upon us, everything is good."

How rude of me to not walk the 100 more yards to say hello. I've had good luck in past years with bucktails in the wash down there, but this year it hasn't been paying off. Of course there isn't much there anymore other than a bit of a bulge in the beach either- the structure has changed a lot.

The beach front at PI is real hit or miss for me. There isn't anything substantial to hold fish between the South Jetty and Emerson Rocks. When you can find fish the fishing can be good, but the struggle is guessing where they'll be. In that regard its well suited for bait and wait type fishing, which is so popular there.

How rude of me to not walk the 100 more yards to say hello. I've had good luck in past years with bucktails in the wash down there, but this year it hasn't been paying off. Of course there isn't much there anymore other than a bit of a bulge in the beach either- the structure has changed a lot.

The beach front at PI is real hit or miss for me. There isn't anything substantial to hold fish between the South Jetty and Emerson Rocks. When you can find fish the fishing can be good, but the struggle is guessing where they'll be. In that regard its well suited for bait and wait type fishing, which is so popular there.

I'm not sure if we have met or not.

Sounds like we fish similar areas. I'm sure we will run into each other along the way.

I like the beachfront during the fall run especially, but I know what you mean about the hit or miss.

"well, outside of moderators wishing death upon us, everything is good."

I fished in the PI area Saturday night from 10-2 and only got one small tap for my efforts.

Sam

I fished PI from about 3 am till after sunup.

Nothing.

I fished PI sunday(6am-9) on the refuge and got 1 nice hit and caught 1 skate. Very slow day. Gonna hit the cape this weekend!

Same results this past week at Crane

"They that go down to the sea in ships"