C Bass

North Shore Report

5,617 posts in this topic

Saw his picture on the Surfland website. Doesn't look a day over 70. Good for him for still kicking ass 

6 hours ago, captahab416 said:

Saw his picture on the Surfland website. Doesn't look a day over 70. Good for him for still kicking ass 

that guy looks great for 90. lol

Been hitting on of my early season spots just north of Boston.  Had at least 6 trips over the last week and a half with nothing to show for it.  Went back today and had a 31" striper just before sundown on a Jumpin Minnow.  The fish had sea lice on it.

Where are all the schoolies??  How far behind do you guys think we are with the season?

In the 90s I had mother's day for schoolies at the mouth of Merrimack and memorial day for bigs up river as reliable bench marks.

I planned for a keeper to bring to m day cookouts.

Like clockwork for years.

Now I mostly follow it here but I'd say those dates still apply.

Not this year!

Would't it be funny if they just didn't show at all ? 

Gee....just like the 80s.....

One year I remember the blues showed up before the bass (that 80s thing again I think). :kook:

Would it be that they moved up north in deeper waters and not close to the coastline? It was few years ago I think that happened too when there weren't any big ones were caught near shoreline.

Hit a 27" on a magic swimmer in a popular NS estuary last night around the Merrimack. Lost 2 others. Felt good to hook up after a long winter.

Could hear and even see several swirls but couldnt get them to hit anything consistently. Told myself they were on small bait to make myself feel better. 

Just out of curiosity, what size ms do u use for estuaries like that? I assume suspending or floating but curious abt weight...

Scored some flounders over the weekend at a Cape Ann spot. I got 3 keepers and released 2 shorts. A school of macks came through and I got a few of those on a kastmaster jigging. (wish I had my sabiki) will be using these macks to chunk for stripers on Memorial Day weekend.

Hit two of my Ipswich area spring spots with the fly rod Sunday. Tides were right, but no signs of life. Hopefully they get here soon!

Nice little surface feed in Lynn Harbor during the downpours yesterday. Nothing of size but still fun. Things shut off immediately after the rain stopped. Bait was real small, either silversides or bay anchovies?

On the board on flies in a popular North Shore river today...all we needed was a little warm weather...