64 year old teacher in Texas punches out her 14 year old student

Rate this topic

danflytr

A 64 year old teacher punches out her 14 year old student for swearing at her(calling her a dirty name or four letter word) and lunging out at her :confused: The teacher punches him out should she have the right to defend herself is my question to you :confused::shock:

I vote yes what is your opinion?

I like it :th: :th:

Authorities say a high school art teacher in Brooksville was arrested after punching a student who called her vulgar names.

According to a Hernando County Sheriff’s Office arrest report, 64-year-old Sandra Hadsock was arrested Wednesday after taking two or three swings at a student in the hallway. The student received a minor injury on his lip.

Officials say other students pulled the teen away from the teacher.

Joe Vitalo, president of the Hernando Classroom Teachers Association, maintains she acted in self-defense. Vitalo says the incident was captured by a cell phone camera.

Hadsock will be suspended with pay, pending a school district investigation.

Hadsock was arrested on a charge of child abuse without causing great bodily harm. The arrest report states she refused to cooperate with a deputy.

This happened in Florida, not Texas.

By JEFF SCHMUCKER | Hernando Today

Published: May 13, 2011

Updated: 05/13/2011 07:08 pm

Related Links

Central High teacher charged with child abuse

BROOKSVILLE - Much of a Central High School art teacher's fate will depend on the state attorney and how he proceeds with a child abuse charge against her stemming from accusations she punched a student in the face.

Superintendent Bryan Blavatt said Friday that Sandra E. Hadsock, 64, is on paid suspension for the remainder of the school year after deputies arrested her on accusations that she swung three times at a student and struck him once after he verbally assaulted her.

Hadsock could not be reached for comment. A message left at her home was not returned by press deadline.

The student who Hadsock punched is also suspended from school, Blavatt said.

Although district officials are investigating the incident, Blavatt said much of the outcome will depend on the criminal investigation currently taking place.

"Unfortunately, as with any investigation, there's a lot of information that can't be released. In this case it also has to do with ongoing litigation," Blavatt said. "(The courts) will handle this as far as it being a criminal violation. But what we'll do is handle it from the perspective of a violation of board policy and a possible violation of ethics for teachers."

He added that the video showing the incident would likely not be released until a much later date to be determined by the State Attorney's Office.

According to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office report, Hadsock was standing near a doorway at roughly 1 p.m. when an unnamed student began arguing with her — calling her several "obscene names."

Hadsock then swung two or three times before connecting with a punch to the student's face. The teen's classmates then jumped in and held him back after he was struck.

Joe Vitalo, president of the Hernando County Teachers Association, said one issue of the investigation is whether Hadsock felt threatened by the student who was shouting at her.

"I would ask anyone out in the public: If you had a male high school student cursing at you, angry and coming at you and you're not able to step away because you're back is to a door, what would you do?" Vitalo said. "All I know is we didn't want to see a headline saying, '64-year-old teacher in the hospital.' If we did, we wouldn't be dealing with the school district investigation."

He added that he hadn't yet viewed the video showing the incident or read any documented interviews with witnesses.

Meanwhile, he said Hadsock is scheduled for a court hearing sometime in June. Along with facing a maximum penalty of five years in prison, according to Florida law, Hadsock would be at-risk of losing her teaching license.

Reporter Jeff Schmucker can be reached at 352-544-5271 or jschmucker@hernandotoday.com.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

The teacher punches him out should she have the right to defend herself is my question to you :confused::shock:

She did the right thing.

That will show the kid to have some respect for his elders.

"Goya Pro Staffer".

EGGY Award Winner For The Month Of Mayo.

The teacher punches him out should she have the right to defend herself is my question to you :confused::shock:

She did the right thing.

That will show the kid to have some respect for his elders.

concur...

Anger is no more a requirement of killing,
than fear is a requirement of dying.

Today I will do what others won't so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

The second article said that the video wouldnt be released for a while. I saw it this morning on the Today show. The little dickhead ran into her face and started yelling expletives. the old teach cracked him and then people pulled him away.. why would someone be videotaping though unless the kid planned to berate the teacher and have it on video so he could be "cool"..

Now hes the kid on video getting beaten up by a 64 year old women.. LOL pussin boots..

BC

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"

She's out of line. He was verbal and she responded with physical violence. There are ways to deescalate a situation like that. 20+ years workng with very volatile kids and I've never had to crack a kid to keep order. You just don't do it, no matter how badly you may want to.

I'll bet a plug that she gets fired and loses her teaching license. That kid and his family will take down a hefty payday too.

NOBODY here has a pass to blow out someone else's candle in order to make theirs shine brighter. TLDig[

Ummm....as a 64 year old woman is she supposed to wait until the little %&^# hits her. The video strengthens my earlier opinion. Too bad there wasn't a baseball bat available.

"One of the greatest delusions of the world is the hope that the evils of this world are to be cured by legislation."
Thomas B. Reed 1886

She's out of line. He was verbal and she responded with physical violence. There are ways to deescalate a situation like that. 20+ years workng with very volatile kids and I've never had to crack a kid to keep order. You just don't do it, no matter how badly you may want to.

I'll bet a plug that she gets fired and loses her teaching license. That kid and his family will take down a hefty payday too.

you my friend are whats wrong with america !!!!.......i got suspended once or twice for fighting in school.....i would have loved to be 16 and in that class.........................................

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

I can't believe what I'm reading .... HE was the aggressor and had her pinned , she defended herself. Only bad part about the whole thing was the 1st punch grazed him . Teacher should sue the parents for bringing the monster up to be that way ....

She did a pretty good job of getting here guard up and defending herself. Try what that guy did to a cop and see what happens.

MICHELLE OBAMA: "Barack knows that we are going to have to make sacrifices; we are going to have to change our conversation; we're going to have to change our traditions, our history; we're going to have to move into a different place as a nation."

Passiton, did you even watch the video that you posted? This was a not a random use of force because the teacher lost it. The much larger male student clearly bumped into her and trapped her against the door. Does she have to wait until he throws a punch and knocks her out? If that was you being confronted by a larger, younger person, I am sure you would have just taken it. The only reason that kid is acting that way is because people like you have let him get away with for 18 years. He knows there will be no repurcussions. Did you see how shocked he was to get hit? He was clearly stunned for a couple seconds.

There are ways to deescalate a situation like that. 20+ years workng with very volatile kids and I've never had to crack a kid to keep order.

We are ready and waiting to hear how you would have deescalated this situation. Its easy to say that, especially without backing it up without decribing any exact methods.

Have you ever been trapped in a corner by a larger, younger student, perhaps a football player? Has a student ever made purposeful physical contact with you trying to intimidate you? Let's hear the details.

She may get reprimanded, but I doubt that she loses her license. Florida has a large number of older people, many of whom feel that there is a distinct lack of respect by many young people for teachers and other authority figures. I bet she keeps her job. If I was on a jury and saw that video, he would get nothing, There is also a good chance that when confronted with the ensuing public humiliation that his father will grow a pair and set the kid straight.

Turn in your man card!