Can I fight a cell phone ticket.......and win?

Rate this topic

Slayer

No not worried about that at all. I beat both teh parking tickets, its rigged to screw the out of towners who will just pay up, I don't live far so I contested both and when they "checked the meters" both were dismissed. The inspection was my fault, but writing me for one day over just proves what asshats they are.

I have a big mouth...... as he was writing the inspection ticket at my window I taught my six year old what a Duechebag was and how it applies to most cops. Got my boy to ask him if this was the protect or serve part :D

The money would probably be well spent to keep me outta the court room.

So you are easily irritated ? Yep. Courtroom might not be the best place for you to make a stand. Be more careful about where you floss from now on...lol

Anger is no more a requirement of killing,
than fear is a requirement of dying.

Today I will do what others won't so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

I know I'm right, if it was that simple i wouldn't have gotten the ticket. I had 4 tickets in the last 11 years all from Keansburg. 2 were scam parking tickets beacause the meters are not calibrated correctly and were both dismissed. The other was for being 1 day overdue for inspection, got me there, my bad.

If you do fight it, what would be your premise for the argument? I can tell you what they might use as a rebutal (depending on your approach to it) but am not certain of how you would take it on.

We could do a mock up court right here and I'll try and block your attempts, by using some cop speak, and see where you might be able to find a hole.

I actually think your only hope would be through credibility of your story but it depends on how you plan on presenting this.

I figured it wsa a no win situation actually. I drove by a guy who was parked 60 foot off the road at 50 mph, picking my teeth with a flosser and he had one of his flunkies chase me down and write me a ticket, he wouldnt talk to me or approach my car, Im sure he couldnt tell if i was flossing my teeth, adjusting my glasses or picking my nose.. I'm equally sure that he doesn't care.

Your phone call record should show wether or not you were on the phone at that time.

Bingo. Phone records should be able to easily clear it up.

If anyone may require dialysis or a kidney transplant, feel free to contact me via this site. I'll be happy to help you through whatever questions you have! :wave:

maybe soup from now on??

maybe soup from now on??
broth maybe, but no vegetable beef.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

If anyone may require dialysis or a kidney transplant, feel free to contact me via this site. I'll be happy to help you through whatever questions you have! :wave:

I fought the law and the did not win. Same ticket last year and the trooper didn't want to hear it. I had to show up twice for court, but it was dismissed.

NOBODY here has a pass to blow out someone else's candle in order to make theirs shine brighter. TLDig[

I would show up for the trial only to make the system as inefficient as possible.

These cell phone, and speed camera tickets are cash cows. They expect most folks to just remit a check.

Bull **** I say, go to court, face your accuser, and maybe walk out none the poorer.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

Spinach noodle I would definitely avoid. I am going to sleep now.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Ce n'est pas le mur derrière lequel il se passe quelque chose, mais bien la cuisinière dans laquelle on a brûlé quelque chose

1st let me state my personal feeling on the cell phone law...it's a joke. We already had careless driving on the books which covered any bad form of driving be it from using a cell phone, picking your ass, applying makeup, etc. The cell phone deal was a political hot topic that ******bags in Trenton seized upon to grandstand. Mind you, I think cell phones are the biggest distractor out there right now but again, a special statute was not needed.

As for fighting the ticket it sound like in your case it's going to be your word against the cop. The way you're talking about this town I'm guessing if it comes down to this you will lose. You aren't going against a piece of equipment like an uncalibrated meter. As for the phone records, even if you produced a phone record that showed you were not on for hours who is to say you didn't have more than one phone? Alot of people I know have one phone for work and one for personal use. Hell, I know some who carry three!

You can try telling the judge what actually occured and hope that he asks the cop under oath if he actually saw a cell phone in your hand or could it have been a flosser. Then hope the cop is honest on stand.

My guess is you'll be paying the ticket along with court costs not to mention your time. Good luck.

1 last thing, most cops are not ******bags even if your experiences have been bad.;) The problem is that most contact people have with cops is negative since it usually involves a traffic ticket. Also the press seizes on any negative cop story and passes on many good ones. I hope one day you have a real good experience that sways your opinion.

on the good side of the grass.....

While we're at it I think the seatbelt law is a joke too. I do however think everyone should wear one. I just don't think we should be enforcing it. Especially when we allow people to ride around on motorcyles.:confused:

on the good side of the grass.....