RI worm hatch

Rate this topic

flyMAster

We didn't do the Camp Worm/worm hatch trip this year. It's generally been short on fish but long on great company, and on RJ's cooking. And can that man tell a story!

As for the worms, generally speaking, our arrival was worse for their libidos than having your mother catch you with a skin magazine when you were a kid. Back into the mud they went, the slimy little bastids, and only came out when we left. I have a ninja under contract in RI just to kill the first three people who catch bass during a worm hatch in Quonny Pond each year. Honest.

This was taken last Saturday, May 14th.

John and Ed know their stuff ..... They were visiting RI last weekend.

Plenty of worms, some good size stripers.... cold and damp.

Nothing flies by me without a hook!
If my fly is down, That's a good thing.

Public Access.....It's a shore thing. My daily requirement of "Vitamin Sea".

Capt. Ray Stachelek

Brian,

We would have been there next week and missed it again. Little sob's. But their are Striped bass and blue fish at Sandy Hook, the Navaesink and Shrewsbury Rivers and that's a good thing. The sun is supposed to come out tomorrow.

40% chance of thunderstorms here through tonight and tomorrow. I may do some surfcasting, I'm calling off a trip to go sailing with a sailboat buddy, and I'm trying to reschedule the surveyor, electrician, fence installer and tree remover who all blew their appointments last week due to the weather. And the nephew is too sick to fish. @#%$&*!!!

Capt. Castafly, if they're clients of yours, I'll try to call off the ninja before John and Ed get hit. Unfortunately, he's a hard guy to reach.

Capt. Castafly, if they're clients of yours, I'll try to call off the ninja before John and Ed get hit. Unfortunately, he's a hard guy to reach.

Brian,

Have no idea what your statement means? Those two gentlemen were fishing the cinder worms at the same time we were running a free cinder worm program with the US Fish and Wildlife. There not my clients. A bunch of us fly fishermen donate our time to run this program every year now for the past three years to teach fly tying and fly fishing.

Capt. Ray Stachelek

Ray

Mully was just pulling your leg. He has a wry sence of humor for a leprechan. I and he are happy for your success. But that picture does expose a lot of folks to the fact that there are fish in RI. Nice fat striped fish.

Huge Dingy and Animal better not get wind of that tidbit of evidence. :shock:

Have a great week and a great season.

Ray

Mully was just pulling your leg. He has a wry sence of humor for a leprechan. I and he are happy for your success. But that picture does expose a lot of folks to the fact that there are fish in RI. Nice fat striped fish.

Huge Dingy and Animal better not get wind of that tidbit of evidence. :shock:

Have a great week and a great season.

RJ,

Thanks for the reassurance.

This was Sunday night..... 35 inch porka. taken by my friend Mike on his 18 flats boat. Plenty of worms/ plenty of stripers. Now I know why the bay is fishing so poorly..... their all down south of us in the salt ponds.

Huge Dingy and Animal I bet never tethered a fly rod in their lives. More like a 5/0 Penn Senator. Now that's overkill.

Capt. Ray Stachelek