Panhandle Surf Fishing Calendar for Cape San Blas

Rate this topic

indiana surf

Heading to Cape San Blas in July but will be in the area a couple more times this year.

I was wondering if anyone has a Surf Fishing Calendar for this area for the year? Just wondering what fish and when? Also would this be same for all of Panhandle area? Really just interested in Surf and maybe Bay info.

Thanks,

DER

• 4 weeks later...

Will be there also at very end of July, for scalloping. Lots and lots of Sharks and ladyfish. May pick up some Pompano in the surf or a Redfish or two. But plan on Ladyfish, Sharks, and those wonderful hard head Catfish. We saw some huge schools of Tarpon moving up the bay from the mouth last year, and I also poled the Maverick several mornings across the flats, but all I got for it was near heat stroke. Water was beautifully clear, and grass beds were in great shape. I just think the water temp. was too high. Redfish and Trout had moved off the flats.

Scallop season here locally in Big Bend area was one of the best ever if not the best, to early right now to judge coming seson, how ever few guys wandering out to the best harvest areas are running into large groups of jelly fish , cant help you further up North , how ever if coming down to Crystal River/ Homosassa/ Inglis/Cedar Key to be safe/sure I would make reservations (Motel & Boat Rental NOW ) and then it may actually be to late,feel free to contact me for help/info on Big Bend area