6 replies to this topic

#1 Prionotus Tribulus

Prionotus Tribulus

Elite Member

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted April 14 2011 - 2:13 PM

Are there piers or jetties around Tappan Zee bridge to fish on? I see them looking on google maps but i dont know at which of those places fishing is permitted. And i did not find info on where the bait&tackle shop is around there. Any info is appreciated, thanks
The Spartan reel choice

#2 mtkstriper

mtkstriper

1,000 Post Club!

• BST Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,916 posts
  • Locationyou know where..... incoming tide :-O

Posted April 14 2011 - 3:04 PM

Hi. there are a lot of places around but if you don't know the area the best way to go will be by tarrytown train station. is right next to the bridge. There is a bait shop in town, don't know the name, is in bekan av. I think, or call Crotton Bait shop, is located a little more to the north. I'll PM you the #.
mtk

:hooked:

#3 Prionotus Tribulus

Prionotus Tribulus

Elite Member

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted April 14 2011 - 3:13 PM

By tarrytown trainstation there is a parking lot, a boat dock and what looks like a tiny pier by some tennis courts. Fishing is allowed there? and is the parking lot free and open to anyone?
The Spartan reel choice

#4 Canal Critter

Canal Critter

1,000 Post Club!

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,026 posts

Posted April 14 2011 - 3:45 PM

Go to Tarrytown, go to the B&T shop and get some info. They'll help ya, that's their business
SGCCCFC
Lobster Troll 15

#5 MaxKatt

MaxKatt

1,000 Post Club!

• BST Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted April 14 2011 - 4:56 PM

Piermont Pier is an obvious pick.

Depending what side you're on...

Rock side...Haverstraw beach.

Westchester side..Dobbs Ferry, just 10 yards north of Half Moon restaurant there is a neat little point that sticks out. This is actually where ferry departed for Sneadens Landing across the way back in the day.

#6 ChrisNYC

ChrisNYC

Elite Member

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted April 14 2011 - 6:41 PM

If your by Nyak theres a fly shop in broadway i belive, also in Nanuet these a B&T, I dont know the road but its off rt59, turn south were the nanuet mall is at and its like 3-4 blocks to your left, shooFly i think. Also up north by haverstraw bay theres a B&T on rt 9.
Chris
(*member formerly known as 'Bag&Tag')

#7 MaxKatt

MaxKatt

1,000 Post Club!

• BST Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted April 15 2011 - 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bag&Tag
View Post

If your by Nyak theres a fly shop in broadway i belive, also in Nanuet these a B&T, I dont know the road but its off rt59, turn south were the nanuet mall is at and its like 3-4 blocks to your left, shooFly i think. Also up north by haverstraw bay theres a B&T on rt 9.

Nanuet: Shu-Fly

Haverstraw: Matt's Sporting Goods