Fish on Custom Wood, 2011

Rate this topic

Lurch

OK, its Spring...so here we go again!smile.gif

Post fish that you catch on your own plugs, or other builder's plugs here.

Lurch

"We are all artists when we pick up a rod, and what we tie on the end is our paintbrush." - Russ Bassdozer

Took us a while to get ironed out here. Did a 3 week dry spell and finally got the groove again this week. However, we may as well have been doing 15 minute trips. Everything we catch is in the first 15 - 20 mins, then nothing for the rest of the night.

One more for the day...not my fish, but was on one of my lures from this year. 21#.

P1000234.jpg

Originally Posted by south shoreman : dreamsofhatteras - you're seriously twisted...

Conditions here are dreamysmile.gif . Reservoirs are full, clear and mid 50s in the shallows. Noticed that my first fish of the season hit when I paused the plug, so Ive tried throwing in more and at times, longer stops. It's paying off as the last 3 fish all took static plugs.

Had a follow at dusk a few days back on a minnow plug, changed to a baby burt, cranked it down, paused and it got inhaled (top pic).

This morning got hit on a static surfster, had been crawling it, then stopped to find my phone and it got hit static (my first on my own surfsterbiggrin.gif) , sorry no pic of that one.

Mid morning, paused a mahi colored lucky and after few seconds it got hit so hard I almost lost the rod.

As they are on topwater now the spooks have gone back in the box and are going for a walk tommorrow.cwm12.gif - Lurch

"We are all artists when we pick up a rod, and what we tie on the end is our paintbrush." - Russ Bassdozer

Was able to finally get out for a little bit with all the wind, rain and cold. Felt nice to get a couple fish.

Dreams of Hatteras jointed got this one.

aprlfish005.jpg

Another on one of my flattened out Big O.

aprlfish009.jpg

Both fish ate the wonderbread which is good anytime but especially early spring.

Well....finally broke the ice. Slime dart on an old teeny swimmer I made last year. It's a start. biggrin.gif

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

View Postcwm27.gif Nice! Lab1 and I were just talking about catfish hitting artificals last night too. Not the first catfish I've seen on my plugs, but the first I've seen on a pikie.

Jigman

cool, I was psyched when I got a hit on this plug (it was subsurface at the time). then I was confused when I felt the tell tale roll of a hooked catfish.

then sure enough it was a cat hooked perfectly in the lip. I have caught some gaftopsail catfish on lures in the gulf of mex but I don't think I have ever caught a freshwater cat on a plug before