Bucks Place

Rate this topic

......spoke to Shannon today. She will no longer be the "owner operator" of Buck's Place. The future of the store is somewhat uncertain at this time, don't plan on getting your bait there currently. What inventory that remains will be available this weekend at a substantial discount. Wishing Shannon the best of luck in the future, she indicated she may be involved (as an employee) in the business if it re-opens. She does have some "fishbites" left and some odds and ends. Cash would be good as I don't think there is any power in the building presently.

Some rich,photog,bicycle type better take over one of these places or we're all going to be baitless.Of course,I retire in Sept,maybe I'll just drive the beach in a baitmobile sellin to supplement my pension..biggrin.gif

"All those castles made of sand,return to the sea, eventually" - Jimi

View PostSome rich,photog,bicycle type better take over one of these places or we're all going to be baitless.Of course,I retire in Sept,maybe I'll just drive the beach in a baitmobile sellin to supplement my pension..biggrin.gif

Or that someone could just turn the bike shop into a bait shop. I'd even be willing to man the couter for 60k a year or so to free up said rich, photog, former bike shop owner so he could get in all the photo takin, fish catchin time he needs.

My daddy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun!
(*member formerly known as 'PinMd)'

Road to the island will no longer be the same if Bucks is gone... frown.gif

"Because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns and the ones we don't know we don't know." Donald Rumsfeld

Sorry to hear it, bad economy really taking a toll on a lot of folks.

Hope somebody can step in and make a go of it. I usually gas up at this place. I can remember when it wasn't Bucks place - if I'm not mistaken this location was Trader Lees in the early 1970's before they moved to the other end of 611 in West OC.

I would use Bucks Place before the other couple of joints that are/were even closer to the island.

Mac said there was a right good crowd waiting for Shannon to get there this morning......hope everyone got some goodies. The fishbites at 2 bucks was a real good deal......Shannon has been my friend for many years, I wish her and her family the best of luck......and I hope BUCKS opens back up soon.

Sorry to hear that....First Harbor Tackle now Bucks? It won't be the same is right.....I was sad too when Lynn sold Delmarva a few years back now....

I guess it's hard to make a living doing this even in good times, let alone bad.

All that will be left is Walmart.....or worse Dicks......where are we heading?