what do you think of that new cesspool law?

Rate this topic

HugeDinghy

I don't mean to come on so strong, I can be receptive to other's opinions and respectful of the same.

I've got fancy degrees in engineering and have been in the business of manufacturing gas turbine engines for over 30 years, but I'll never profess to being an expert on the entire process.

Listening to the ideas and concepts of others, even if it opposes your core beliefs, is the backbone of efficient growth.

This whole cesspool thing - I've said it before, if an old system is failing it's a bad thing. If it's maintained and is kept in working order you can drink from the well on the same property.

My dander gets airborne when agencies (the fourth branch of government) start making decisions for everyone based on snap-shot data.

In this case failing systems should be either repaired to working order or replaced if the costs or real risks (not popular opinion) dictate. Folks who have invested in the proper care and maintainence of their systems should never have to shoulder the burden of mandates for replacement on top of their vigilant care. That's just dictatorship at its finest.

No one should allow (or expect) a goverment to run their lives, especially by the agencies born of special interest groups, those that want to impose their agendas on everyone else, under the rationale of "...because I'm a professional...", suggesting that their pedigree affords their ideas and opinions more weight than the facts and opinions offered by others.

..Thahts all I got to sahy about thaht....sorry I ruined the poopy-panther partahy...

"When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."

View Postyou guys fight a lot.....biggrin.gif

I always find it amazing how people will come into a conversation, when they don't even live in the area being referred to, present absolutely NO facts and just cast off-handed aspersions on the people who actually ARE presenting facts and data and DO know what they are talking about and say essentially nothing but blah blah blah in an argumentive fashion.

It's like arguing for the sake of arguing. Complaining just out of boredom about something that has absolutely no direct effect on them whatsoever.

I think some people just like to revel in hearing themselves talk and impress themselves as they argue and from what I have seen, stop into RI just to argue and debate from a highly educated standpoint of factless dribble completely unsubstantiated with any data whatsoever.

The law is what it is and until someone FROM here comes up with a better argument against it, I don't see anyone from another state actually in any position to make any kind of a difference whatsoever and may want to save their highly tuned arguing skills for issues within their own region.

I have no intention to perpetuate or continue any arguments, just throwing in my two cents worth and will feel no inclination to respond to any rebutals.

Anger is no more a requirement of killing,
than fear is a requirement of dying.

Today I will do what others won't so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

View PostI always find it amazing how people will come into a conversation, when they don't even live in the area being referred to, present absolutely NO facts and just cast off-handed aspersions on the people who actually ARE presenting facts and data and DO know what they are talking about and say essentially nothing but blah blah blah in an argumentive fashion.

It's like arguing for the sake of arguing. Complaining just out of boredom about something that has absolutely no direct effect on them whatsoever.

I think some people just like to revel in hearing themselves talk and impress themselves as they argue and from what I have seen, stop into RI just to argue and debate from a highly educated standpoint of factless dribble completely unsubstantiated with any data whatsoever.

The law is what it is and until someone FROM here comes up with a better argument against it, I don't see anyone from another state actually in any position to make any kind of a difference whatsoever and may want to save their highly tuned arguing skills for issues within their own region.

I have no intention to perpetuate or continue any arguments, just throwing in my two cents worth and will feel no inclination to respond to any rebutals.

Yeah, how could anyone know anything about any subject if they don't live there - I bow to your almighty parochial knowledge! For simply living in one little hamlet, all who might rent or purchase a home in SoCo does immediately get infused osmotically with all local wisdom and of all things grand - everyone else knows nothing about anything - Maybe if I buy a house in RI I can be smart like you!! Oooo, you're so coool!

So glad he put me in my place...(he's cute too, huh?) Oooooo.....

"When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."