New Lew's speed spin reel,WOW!

Rate this topic

cheech

I don't surfcast with spinners, but if this new spinner is as fishable as it's numbers are fantastic, that could change.Finally, a affordable,great capacity,ultralight,spinning reel.The 4000 model with only a 4.2:1 ratio recovers a decent 33"of line because of the large spool design,10 bearings,and only 9.5ozs.It's 340/10 or 225/16 capacity is not to shabby.

The carbon body and rotor are untested, and its toughness is unknown, time will tell.Lew's is back!If anyone checks this reel out please post.

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Check out the Lew's website. I've known about their conventional reels for years but never realized the scope of inovations that Lew Childre introduced to our sport.This reel looks like a Supercaster,and really resembles the Pflueger Arbor, but its 9 double sealed bearings, huge sealed carbon drag,lightness and capacity, may set it apart from all the rest.

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

It's very similar indeed...Except the 250 pro does not have double sealed bearings,it has 4 less bearings,and retails for up to $130.00 more.The pro is listed on some sites as 10.3 ozs.,and as being discontinued.

View PostI don't surfcast with spinners, but if this new spinner is as fishable as it's numbers are fantastic, that could change.Finally, a affordable,great capacity,ultralight,spinning reel.The 4000 model with only a 4.2:1 ratio recovers a decent 33"of line because of the large spool design,10 bearings,and only 9.5ozs.It's 340/10 or 225/16 capacity is not to shabby.

The carbon body and rotor are untested, and its toughness is unknown, time will tell.Lew's is back!If anyone checks this reel out please post.

any idea how much and where can I get one??

I saw it in the new Cab***s catalog.I would love to test a new product for Lew's,and in a return e-mail they stated the've had 1 return on their new reels.Someone took it apart and could'nt put it back together.I think if a shielded bearing gets contaminated you can pry the covers off and service as it as usual.I'll wait till the jury is out before I hold one in my hands, and possibly purchase.

• 5 years later...