winter cod fishing?

Rate this topic

justintrask

I would head south of cape cod. North of the cape some areas are closed and the rest have 2 fish/per limit (75lb max per boat) limit so the boats up there aren't generally targeting them. However, there was a hot pollack bite goin on and you might be able to get on them if you go up there...

View PostI would head south of cape cod. North of the cape some areas are closed and the rest have 2 fish/per limit (75lb max per boat) limit so the boats up there aren't generally targeting them. However, there was a hot pollack bite goin on and you might be able to get on them if you go up there...

Yeah, but North of the cape you can get haddock and pollock, much better than cod and not as restricted!

DITCH TROLL

Hey Justin,

I just got an email from Yankee Fleet titled "last trip of 2010":

It's that time of year, when the opportunities for a good day at sea will be diminishing. The forecast for this Saturday looks terrific! As of this moment, 9:46 am on 12/16, the marine forecast is calling for a calm 2 to 3 ft sea, with a nice westerly breeze of 10 kts.

The Pollock are biting. The Pollock started their fall run a bit late, but we had some awesome trips this late Fall with large and fairly plentiful catches of the nice fighting Pollock.

on an unrelated note -- my father-in-law changed where he's keeping his boat, we'll be in the Taunton River this year (Dighton) -- as soon as I learn the area and find the stripers I'll let you know, and we can try to schedule a trip biggrin.gif