What's the best braided line??

Rate this topic

whtkdtn1401

i've never had a certain braid cause windknots, i havent even had one in probly 7 years...the issues most had with power pro was "mystery breakoffs". If you havent had any issues with the spool you have now, than i wouldnt worry about it. It seems as this was something from when it first came out and most, me included, arent about to give it another chance.

There really is no best braid. all are a little different and have their strengths and weakness's. For me, whiplash is my favorite from sand, and where i know my braid is gonna see lots of rocks, cortland masterbraid. Fireline is good for that stuff and it works well with penn z's.

re-ban quest

As far as power pro goes, years ago they were good but, after a while for some reason or another they had to switch where they got the material from. After that they went downhill.

I use Stren braid. Never have a problem with it. I hear sifix is good and others but, if i don't have a problem why fix it?

View PostI always used Powerpro braided line. But Im keep hearing this bad rumors and stories about the powerpro. So Im thinking about using different brand such as sufix and others.

What braided line would you recommend???

I've had pretty good luck with Tuff Line XP.

It seems to give me less knots than PowerPro, but

the diameter also seems to be a little larger (though

it's not supposed to be)

Ask a question about braid and you will get 20 different opinions and not one of them is wrong. Boxxers or briefs sort of speak.

I love Daiwa Samaurai but for rocky beaches it doesnt hold up for me. in those conditions I like suffix. It took me a long time to convience me to use suffix but after seeing my Daiwa line all beat up on rocks I really had no choice

I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing gear.... the rest I just wasted

I'm a freak so I'd say only use

Berkley Big Game, Pelegic Extreme and Diamond Braid.

Even though I have reels with PP and the new Cortlandt braid on them. Neither of them have ever failed me, I still probably wouldn't buy them.

Classic

.........as we continue on.......

I've noticed some guys are switching to the diawa braid, I'm not sure of the brand name but I know it's smooth and it expensive (what isn't). I have had the "mystery breakoffs" with the power pro. thought it was just me. I had to get used to the nuances with braid when I first started using it. the advice I got from other surf guys really helped me out.

I like powerpro. Yeah, yeah, I know. I bought a spool (the big bulk spool, 1500 yards, i think) from tim, and have had not one single problem with it. I have had a couple "mysterious breakoffs" in the past, but I would bet that was operator error in my case, and i'd bet the same for most other cases.

A bunch of guys i fish with like the blue diamond braid. It's prettier than my green powerpro, for sure, but I don't think it's any better.

Besides, at some point, you're going to WANT your braid to be able to break. I'd rather break line than the rod, or screw up the reel!

I've been using 50 and 65 lb PowerPro on my conventional reels for years. Never had a problem that wasn't completely my fault. I have no reason to change. It's getting tough to find in white though.

.........Elvis lives....2020