Surf fishing Georgia

Rate this topic

PJSki

Why is the surf fishing in Georgia so terrible compard to our neighbors to the South? Is it the muddy bottom here that makes it so terrible ?,I read these fishing reports and it is very discouraging going out week after week and catching a whiting here or a croaker,and then its stingrays or small sharks the rest of the day,its not the bait as I very it ,not the distance of cast that also varies,high tide, low tide it doesn't matter ,about the best fishing is off a bridge with dead shrimp on the bottom.and then again a few whiting or croakers is all you catch,do you think we've been over fished or just not holding fish.?

I've only ever fished 2 times in GA and got spunked both times (from piers, trying for flounder and soaking mullet), but then again I've got bad luck with GA as a state (got a flat each time on those trips!)

I've always felt like it was a little too far north for the tropical fish, and too far south to get blues good. My buddy who's in Atlanta says his go-to target is sheepshead because they're common, don't mind the darker water, and get pretty big! I'm interested in what other folks have to say too

same in s carolina fished on bottom last saturday with shrinp caught a shark,,,,,a croaker and 13 sting rays if you can get in a creek the redfish will be hitting soon

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..