surf fishing oregon

Rate this topic

gsbarber

Hi any body have any tips about getting started on surf fishing in oregon we live near newport oregon ,my dad surf fished when I was a kid but I dont remember much if any on how he rigged up also looking for good spots . we like all types of fishing from level winds to spey rods thanks gsbarber

View PostHi any body have any tips about getting started on surf fishing in oregon we live near newport oregon ,my dad surf fished when I was a kid but I dont remember much if any on how he rigged up also looking for good spots . we like all types of fishing from level winds to spey rods thanks gsbarber

There's a "West Coast" forum. You might want to post this there as well. I'm just north of there in Washington but we have a whole different deal.

Good luck.

John

Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed. - Herman Melville

View Postfind the water, find the people fishing and watch and ask questions

We've got a REALLY different atmosphere up here. Most days I'm surf fishing there's no one else doing it. Now the Jetties and piers are a different story but flat out open sand heaving at the ocean is a LONELY sport up here.

Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed. - Herman Melville

View PostWe've got a REALLY different atmosphere up here. Most days I'm surf fishing there's no one else doing it. Now the Jetties and piers are a different story but flat out open sand heaving at the ocean is a LONELY sport up here.

taht's good then!!!! i know my buddy visits to chase stripers, but im not sure if theyre in the ocean

#1 white bucktail. #2 bunker chunk. #3 bone Redfin

View Posttaht's good then!!!! i know my buddy visits to chase stripers, but im not sure if theyre in the ocean

Well, yes and no. Better talk to the Oregon people about that. It could be like the Salmon fishing up here. There are several regular posters from that region in the West Coast forum.