Cabela's Lifetime Warranty On Wading Boots: How Long Is A Lifetime?

Rate this topic

Big Dipper

"Cabela's brand Clothing and Footwear merchandise is guaranteed for the lifetime of the product under normal wear and tear and/or against defects in workmanship." - Warranty statement on Cabela's web site.

I'm considering getting some Cabela's Ultra Light Wading Boots. Does anyone have any real world experience with just exactly how long Cabela's considers "the lifetime of the product" for a wading boot?

Other Cabela's brand merchandise is guaranteed for only one year.

Last year I purcahsed a pair of the Cabela's Guidewear wading boots with the triangular metal eyelets and within 4 months of use they almost all has rusted thru and broke. My money was refunded no questions asked which I was very happy about. I will say this about the boot it was quite comfortable and if it came in a version without the metal eyelets I would have probably bought a pair especailly since Cabelas has a nice pricepoint on their wading boots.

You might want to call customer service about the wading boots in question, I don't know what is considered normal wear and tear for wading boots headscratch.gif

Helps???

I Fish therefore I Lie

View Post"Cabela's brand Clothing and Footwear merchandise is guaranteed for the lifetime of the product under normal wear and tear and/or against defects in workmanship." - Warranty statement on Cabela's web site.

I'm considering getting some Cabela's Ultra Light Wading Boots. Does anyone have any real world experience with just exactly how long Cabela's considers "the lifetime of the product" for a wading boot?

Other

Cabela's brand merchandise is guaranteed for only one year.

This is the 3rd season of using the Ultra Lightweights and their still kicking comfortable. I'd get another pair in a heartbeat but....no need. Mine are still good. I'm sure if something was wrong Cabellas would exchange them without a problem.

Nuff Said. Let's go Fishin' MSA 1764

I think I need to call Cabelas.

I just bought Ultra Lite 2 wading boot to replace mine for the third time.

-=-==-=-=-=

old pair in less than a year

I do fish a lot though. I wonder if I can get a credit for the new ones I just got. I would like two years out of them.

They did redesign the boots and fixed the sides. The sides blow out prematurely.

Ill bet I get a few bucks back if not all.

dsci0166blown.jpg

These guys were cool. They said to send the old ones back so they can evaluate it. The good news is the series 2 reinforced the sides where mine blew out. I am guessing I will get the original 50$ back for the old pair. -or-something

View PostThese guys were cool. They said to send the old ones back so they can evaluate it. The good news is the series 2 reinforced the sides where mine blew out. I am guessing I will get the original 50$ back for the old pair. -or-something

Jameso, let us know how you make out with your boots.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Cabelas broke my balls a little bit, but they gave me back the $53.00 which was the original cost of the Ultra Light Wide wading boots where the sides blow out.

They sent me a letter (paraphrase) - this return is outside our guidelines, but we will do it for you anyways, more or less.

I was a bit pissed and called them to tell them that they themselves redeisgned the boot because of a flaw in the sides where it seperates. They specifically mentioned the sides were reinforced in the new models. I told them I didnt appreciate it lol.

Either way though, they took care of me and thats cool.

The new Ultra Light 2's are more money, but they are nice and are EEE width as well. They fit me perfect. I am real happy so far.

View PostI think I need to call Cabelas.

I just bought Ultra Lite 2 wading boot to replace mine for the third time.

-=-==-=-=-=

old pair in less than a year

I do fish a lot though. I wonder if I can get a credit for the new ones I just got. I would like two years out of them.

They did redesign the boots and fixed the sides. The sides blow out prematurely.

Ill bet I get a few bucks back if not all.

dsci0166blown.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The warranty should last, as they say, a lifetime, unless they think it was caused by something you do, like accidently cutting them with a knife tongue.gif

Cabella's is usually very good with customer service, and they seem to take pride in what they do and actually work to help better the hunting/fishing/camping industries.

I fish.
I surf.
I boat.
I sail.
I am a total ocean sportsman, and I hate no one else who loves the ocean.