• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce in RI

Bruce in RI
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted February 21 2010 - 5:24 PM

Anyone know about this company and it's products? I have a tackle box full of their lures which look like knock offs of the Jitterbug (Frantic Antic), the Hula Popper, as well as some others that look like a Rattle Trap with a fin (and a lightning bolt). There is also the Swamp Fox and some Lazy Ike types with two small trebles on a wire spreader from the hook holder.

Any info would help. I don't think they have any value, but I thought it would be interesting to see what they are all about.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Bruce

#2 Fishinbubs 1953

Fishinbubs 1953
  • Elite Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted February 23 2010 - 10:00 PM

I tried a search on the web (a sniff). But Sol Search has something on Atlantic lures (not much) which leads me to think they might of been a small mail order distributer back in the day. Also the lures you have could be the real deal (pics would help). Bubs

#3 clambellies

clambellies
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted March 01 2010 - 12:06 PM

I have some metal freshwater spoons that were made by them and sort of look like copies of early Al's Goldfish spoons. I remember seeing other spoons by them that looked like cheap copies of other famous lures.

#4 Roy C

Roy C
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted March 01 2010 - 12:33 PM

They also made a line of salt Water metal and plugs going back into th 50s. Here is a diplay piece from then or a little later.

Roy Curley Pres. SWLCC