'Foo foo' - what does that mean?

Rate this topic

albacized

Can someone give me a definition of this? I'm hearing this term increasingly of late. The only frame of reference I can specifically recall is something said here about 'foo foo' drinks at Starbucks....but last night my Nursing Instructor started used it in reference to a student nurse wearing some strong perfume around patients and causing an asthma attack(perfume isn't my gig anyway, if you know what I meancwm27.gif ). From the best I can tell, it either means 'yuppy', 'prissy', 'uppity' or something else similar to that.

PS - nurse said something like 'she came in with some of that 'foo foo' perfumecwm27.gif

foofoo

Adj, Overly, cloyingly feminine or effeminate.

Noun, Offencive fragrance products (perfume, Colongue, ect..),sometimes of low quality, used in such quantity (often by someone who has not bathed) that it is overpowering.

Adj: I know he thinks he is dressed all GQ, but those clothes are just foofoo.

2. foofoo

adj. a word used to characterize something that is fancy, frilly, excessive, generally above and beyond the norm; overdone; girly; gay

Sheila: God, I LOVE Peppermint Mochas! They're my favorite coffee!

Mary: That's not coffee, hun. Black coffee and Americanos are coffee - you drink foofoo coffee.

frou-frou (comparative more frou-frou, superlative most frou-frou)

Positive

frou-frou

Comparative

more frou-frou

Superlative

most frou-frou

1. Frilly; heavily ornamental; fancy; overly elaborate, particularly as regards clothing. They ate in a frou-frou restaurant at the top of a skyscraper.
[edit] Noun

Singular

frou-frou

Plural

frou-frous

frou-frou (plural frou-frous)

1. A rustling sound, as of silk fabric