WTB: Centaure Pacific reel or parts

mojoman

Looking for a Centaure Pacific--working reel, parts unit, or just drag parts.

Have one I'm trying to restore...missing keyed metal drag washer, so a parts unit must have this part.

This was my favorite reel when I was a kid, fishing the surf and jetties back in NJ. Now it caught the eye of my 13 year old, who has a good eye for what he calls "old school" gear.

Can paypal or MO.

I have a Centaure Pacific spinning reel that has a half bail. Serial #702613 on top of reel foot. Brown/Bronze in color, mechanically and cosmetically very good, however it is a strange color. Made in France.

$25 shipped to you, Paypal is fine

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

Highlander1, PM me your info and we got a deal.

Still looking...maybe I can get a pr of these suckers going.

Wonder what ever happened to the yellow Eagle Claw surf rod I used to have paired with the Centaure? I thought it was great back then...now I'd probably think it was a noodle.

Jimbo:

Thanks for reply.

No rush since we are snowed under here in VA (doesn't take much to snow us under--6" will do it).

I came up in the 70s. Back then I remember the Mitchell 302 being the most common reel on the beach down in Wildwood/Cape May. I inherited the Centaure from my uncle around 1972. I think this was a 60s reel. I don't remember ever seeing anyone else using a Centaure, then or since.

Looks like a quite usable reel except the drag system is minimal by modern standards. I'm a 704 man, but I'll fish Centaures with my kid for the novelty factor and a blast from the past! If I get spooled by a big skate, so be it!biggrin.gif