need info about DAM QUICK SUPER 550

Rate this topic

Hassan Zidan

i read this from some seller

(This auction is for two vintage Dam Quick reels made in Germany. The 550 is made in West Germany.

Both reels work smoothly but may need some cleaning, oiling or adjusting.

We aren't fishing reel experts but I can't see any glitches in them except the little pin that you move to three different settings on the 550 seems to dance around quite a bit when you wind the crank on the reel. On the Quick Super this is noticeably smoother and the pin is quiet when the reel is cranking. Hope this explanation is understandable?

There is an old rubber band wrapped around the line on the reel in the 550 if you are wondering what the grey looking thing is in the pictures.

The Super Quick is missing a bolt that screws into the red dial on the front of the reel.

The fish decal on the 550 is loose so I'll place it in a plastic bag for you so it won't get lost. Also the decal fish is missing his nose and tail end.)

I want to know you can easily reformed

Or their problems in the gears

And What kind of image as another reel

How much the price in relation to their situation as they are now

dam4.jpgdam9.jpgdam1.jpg

Welcome aboard,

The reels are in a very bad condition and the anti-reverse on one of them at least is dead. Repairing ("reforming" as you call it) them is not an easy task and you will need spare parts that have been out of production for nearly 50 years for the super. You might find them, but it will not be cheap.

In their current condition I would not pay more than $20 for them.

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hassan Zidan

View Post

i read this from some seller

(This auction is for two vintage Dam Quick reels made in Germany. The 550 is made in West Germany.

Both reels work smoothly but may need some cleaning, oiling or adjusting.

We aren't fishing reel experts but I can't see any glitches in them except the little pin that you move to three different settings on the 550 seems to dance around quite a bit when you wind the crank on the reel. On the Quick Super this is noticeably smoother and the pin is quiet when the reel is cranking. Hope this explanation is understandable?

There is an old rubber band wrapped around the line on the reel in the 550 if you are wondering what the grey looking thing is in the pictures.

The Super Quick is missing a bolt that screws into the red dial on the front of the reel.

The fish decal on the 550 is loose so I'll place it in a plastic bag for you so it won't get lost. Also the decal fish is missing his nose and tail end.)

I want to know you can easily reformed

Or their problems in the gears

And What kind of image as another reel

How much the price in relation to their situation as they are now

dam4.jpgdam9.jpgdam1.jpg

These reels are easy to find. I would wait for an auction of very nice ones and pay more if I had to to get them.

I think $35-40 should buy a really nice old DAM reel (550 or super) on ebay. Some of the later ones sell for more, like 4000 and 5000 series.

The Super is SUPER HEAVY, by the way. It is a monster.

I have had some DAM Quicks and I'll take an old Penn 710 or 704 over the Dam reels, but they are solid reels if you find a nice one for the right price.

nice info

thx you

i think i buy this if this good tell me

this seller say (VINTAGE DAM QUICK SUPER SALTWATER SPINNING REEL - This is a vintage DAM QUICK SUPER spinning reel that is in good working condition. It is green in color with raised white lettering & white fish. as you can see in the photos this is a used reel but a very good one. Nice reel to add to your collection. sold as is. Thanks for looking.)

!BjcogDg!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKkYEsmmRrF)sBLTlyh6

!BjcowcwCGk~$(KGrHqYOKiQEtN4Z4DP4BLTlzrl

!Bjcolcw!mk~$(KGrHqEOKjkEsmdl1)FQBLTly74

!BjconpQBmk~$(KGrHqUOKjMEsnr2+M8!BLTlzFD

& please mr alan look on this topic i need also you opinion

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=710729

tnxs