What/how to reduce Createx paints with

Rate this topic

muskyslayer96

Thanks for the tips.

Talon (Your work rocks!), So I add one drop of dish soap to 1 quart of water, how much should I reduce the Createx paint 25%, 50% ?

srfrat, What paint would you recommend? any better water based you use and how best to thin them?

Thanks again for the info/help......anybody use water and future (pledge) floor cleaner?

MS

muskyslayer, for createx paint you really only need to use water. the reason i use a drop of dish soap to one quart of water is, dish soap will break down the water molecules. this will allow the paint to lay much better without it beading up or getting blotchy.

the rate of how much water to paint will vary. depends on your airbrush, size of needle, the effect you want ect.

if your doing one plug at a time, just count how many drops of paint too how many drops of water your mixing it at and record it. when you find what works best for you, you already have it on paper for referencewink.gif

and also all my painting is done with createxsmile.gif hopa this helps a little.

rock out with my plug out

Windex is no good. Has stuff in there other than water and ammonia that can interfere with topcoats. I just used water.........it just doesn't thin well very far. Tried the dishsoap and alcohol added to water, too, and didn't really have good results. There's acrylic paint reducer for a reason.........and it's not just water alcohol and dish soap.

With water the best thing to do is to thin slightly......maybe 10%, and spray higher air pressures. A bigger nozzle is also extremely helpful for a lot of colors. They just won't go through a 0.2.

Switched to Urethanes and it confirmed to me that Createx really does suck for what we're doing with it. If you switch to a different paint you'll really see the difference. It's really amazing how much better it sprays, clogs less, and it's just thinner. Only problem is that you need to have good ventilation, stuff's bad for you.

View PostCreatex pearl paints suck all togetherhammer-time.gif.I used them, but as little as possible,probably not @ all this season,as there are better alternatives.

Bot All Pearls are cretaed Equally I find. the lighter pearls are much easier to spray While the some darks like Green and Purple I have a hard time getting to spray fine.mad.gif So what I end up doing sometimes is mixing Transparents or Opaques with Pearl White

View PostBot All Pearls are cretaed Equally I find. the lighter pearls are much easier to spray While the some darks like Green and Purple I have a hard time getting to spray fine.mad.gif So what I end up doing sometimes is mixing Transparents or Opaques with Pearl White

Your idea of mixing colors into pearl white is interesting. Createx is overall thicker to begin with, then on top of that they really go overboard putting pearl powder in their pearl colors. It really thickens it even worse. Reducing it with more paint would definitely decrease the problems of reducing without a true reducer, but after using other paints, personally it's not worth my time.........and getting createx in one of my brushes.......the stuff just doesn't mix well with lacquer thinner, FYI.

I know it's not appealing to everyone because of the fumes, but if you're set up for it, you really should try buying a few colors of urethanes. It's really superior in every way but the fumes. Sprays so much better, dries fast, it's tough, don't have to worry about water WHEN (not if) your topcoat chips.

BUT........here's an idea for pearls with createx. Try getting ahold of some transparent base. Never seen it in a store but I know they make it. Then get some soft plastic pearl highlight powder and mix up a little. Won't take much powder. I do this with the urethane clears and highlight colors and it works very well.