I'm buying a few "PURGLAS" rods I need some feedback from those of you who know them

Rate this topic

Awesome John

AJ... Thanks for the invitation. I will get there sooner or later and I will send you a message to see if we can meet. I also have a pending fishing trip with Alberto in that area. Maybe this year if all goes as planned.

Take care and best wishes.

Sergio

[This message has been edited by Sergio (edited 01-11-2003).]

Hey Segio thats great!

I fished with Crazy Alberto last year and he is a gentle quiet man who really loves the surf. I really enjoyed his company. Well "the area" that we are talking about is "Montauk" Sergio and that legendary spot can be very frustrating without a fishing buddy who is experienced with Montauk fishing by your side. Chances are that when you get there I too will also be there so lets keep in touch.. I will enjoy hanging out all together.. hey Sergio I've seen that Alberto also has a nice cast and if we can get thumb-burner up to New York as well then when we hit the "false bar" at Montauk (the false bar is a legendary spot at Montauk that usually requires a good 100 yard plus cast out to a roaring rip where the big cow bass lurk) I think we will all have a qreat time..!!!!

We will let them "PURGLAS" rods "zing in the wind" ... ah ah Montauk'''''' just the thought of that place sets my heart on fire..

Sergio wait till you see your first Montauk Blitz with 20 pound bass and blues bursting through the water for acres!!!!! As you stand there mystified eyes open saying WOW!

Its a sight no one ever forgets...

Get ready for the experience of a life time!

[This message has been edited by Awesome John (edited 01-13-2003).]

The Horizon Calls..........

I know you guys aren't looking for an 8nbait rod but I got to throw the 400-4 and the 400-5 today. The 4 seemed easy to load w/8 yet could handle 10 no problem. The 5 was at home w/10 and could easily handle more. I think it would be hard to throw w/ anything less than 10 unless you are a really hard caster. I ordered the 400-4 and think it will be a great rod for spring time drum fishing. The butt end was comfortable even thought it is a little fat. I am going to use coasters as the reel seat would need to be a big one to fit the larger diameter butt section.

Thanks Savfish.. your input is very much appreciated in that so little is sctually known about these rods as of yet except that they are awesome...

I got my eyes on the 350 series cause I am looking for a big long yet very light plugging rod... but I'm definately gonna buy a big Purglass heaver as well cause so many of the senior casters are leaning towards these special rods...

The Horizon Calls..........

AJ,

I hope to be in MD at least twice this year for tournament casting.. maybe i could make a detour!!

I'm getting mine built with a reel seat and just shrink tube. no cork or other grip material. just want the shrink tube to protect the blank a little.. i'll build up some sorta grip maybe when i get it.. but will probably leave it alone.

------------------

I may be small... But I'm slow!!

If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. But, if you teach a man to fish, he will spend all his money on fishing tackle and won't be able to afford to eat!

I have to admit that these rods in order to keep the weight down are thinner walled than some of the other world class top five rod brands, /B]

Hey Sergio..

What would you consider the top 5.. not trying to start a world war.. just curious.

------------------

I may be small... But I'm slow!!

If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. But, if you teach a man to fish, he will spend all his money on fishing tackle and won't be able to afford to eat!