salt marshes

Rate this topic

pierfisherman

not sure where you're from pierfisherman, but if you ever come up to CT i'll show you plenty of reasons to fish a marsh. it just sucks, cause i can show you, but i've never had luck CATCHING fish in a marsh with a rod/reel

by hand tho, i've landed all sorts of baitfish, starfish, flatfish, crabs, lobsters and sandworms, and a bunch of crustaceans that i couldn't even id

#1 white bucktail. #2 bunker chunk. #3 bone Redfin

with marshes, if u have a boat and can access all sorts of structure u are more likely to have luck catching something decent. in the salt marsh decent size fish are almost always around structure like docks, oyster bars, points, and areas near the channel.

given the fact that most marsh areas also have a beach or inlet area farther down the road, some of us would much rather fish in the inlet/surf than fish for trout, flounder, or reds (3 primary food fish in the marsh) in the marsh. in the ocean u can catch those 3 along with more species.

Well, if you know that there are fish in the canals, maybe you should fish with a rod and reel and see if you do any good. There are lots of spots that I fish that you would never think there would be any fish, either no structure, to shallow, no signs of life. And then there are spots that look really fishy, and no fish! It's call exploring.

Good luck, Maybe you will find a hot spot.