Striped Bass Teasers----Online Store????

Rate this topic

HalG

View PostEssentially all wiped out inventory from the online store. Tim , if you get to read this or if any members seem to know-will we have them in stock this Fall Season ? smile.gif

I'm with you on this. I wanted flies with my last order, but all were sold out. I feel buying from the online store or BST will give me a decent price, reliability, and be a way to payback for the information I'm sucking up from here. I'm leaning towards putting a WTB on BST for some flies (flys?).

Losing the skunk, one cast at a time

View PostI'm leaning towards putting a WTB on BST for some flies (flys?).

Problem with that is, you'd be asking someone to break the rules as we don't allow people to sell items they make here - we consider that "business" use.

As far as the online store and teasers/flies - no, they will not be restocked...sorry redface.gif I run this site alone, including the online store, there simply is not enough time to tie flies/teasers any longer. I enjoyed tying them when there was time, I really like tying flies...I haven't even tied any for my own use in the last year redface.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

View Postaren't they just a hook with feathers or bucktail tied on.????hell just wrap em yourself seal the thread with clear nail polish

View PostASk any fly guy to tie you up a bunch.

Basic ones take 2 minutes

Now if you want a pattern it may take a little longer

I like small decievers myself, color changes with bait changes but pink an blue over white seems best for me.

Jay

I guess neither one of you have ever tied a fly! You don't have a clue how intailed some flie's are to tie!

View Post I'm leaning towards putting a WTB on BST for some flies (flys?).

View PostProblem with that is, you'd be asking someone to break the rules as we don't allow people to sell items they make here - we consider that "business" use.

TimS

Tim, I dont want ya to take this the wrong way ok, but You say he's breaking the rules by asking for teasers in the BST, yet you have a sub-forum for people wanting to buy plugs here:

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...play.php?f=205

Do you mean he cant ask people to sell new teasers that they made (Which I do know is commercial resale), or that teasers just cant be sold? I'm a bit confused. Say he put a WTB teasers thread up, and I had 20 or so sitting around that I wanted to sell him, I dont tie teasers, these are ones I bought that I dont want or need anymore, that would be against the rules?cwm13.gif

Originally Posted by Mike P: "August 29--a date that lives in striper infamy."

(*member formerly known as 'DaveS')

I believe Tim'S beef is with people selling the flys that they make. As per how I understand the rules, if someone has some commercially bought flies (or anything else) which are not of use to them anymore, they can sell or trade them. This transaction should not result in a profit and the intentions of the seller during the original purchase should not to resell it for a profit.

I understand and agree with Tim'S point and probably will place a WTB for non-self-made flies.

Losing the skunk, one cast at a time

View PostTim, I dont want ya to take this the wrong way ok, but You say he's breaking the rules by asking for teasers in the BST, yet you have a sub-forum for people wanting to buy plugs here:

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...play.php?f=205

Do you mean he cant ask people to sell new teasers that they made (Which I do know is commercial resale), or that teasers just cant be sold? I'm a bit confused. Say he put a WTB teasers thread up, and I had 20 or so sitting around that I wanted to sell him, I dont tie teasers, these are ones I bought that I dont want or need anymore, that would be against the rules?cwm13.gif

Dave, the difference being the folks selling those plugs DID NOT make those plugs smile.gif If they had, they wouldn't be allowed to sell them.

You are correct, if he put up a WTB thread for teasers and folks responded offering him teasers they didn't tie, it wouldn't be a problem. The problem is, whenever it comes to jigs, bucktails or flies, the folks who historically respond are folks offering to make them for the guy to buy. That's commercial.

So I apologize for not being clear. The WTB thread itself would not be breaking any rules - if folks responded offering flies they purchased rather than flies they tied, there wouldn't be any problem. I should have said such a thread is "likely" to encourage folks to break the rules and risk having themselves removed from that forum smile.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

OK Tim we spoke before about this subject. I have tied 1000's of flies & as of Today I have never sold a one! I have an abundunce of fly's, teasers & whould be glad to put them up on the BST to trade or sell. I never intended to sell any of my work & have given 100's away. Again out of respect to you & SOL It is you call! I am leaving for a Vaction to South Carolina & won't be back until the 1st week Of Nov. Let me Know your option.

One way or another I don't really care other than to help out another member ........................Ron