Montauk party boats?

Rate this topic

Headed to montauk last week of aug. camping at heather hills, looking to take the boys ( 16& 18) on a party boat looking at the Viking or Lazy Bones not sure which one or others, have not been on too many party boats surf fishing mostly. Looking to really just have a good time, catching fish will be a plus. This is may be the last trip to Montauk with my sons as they aren't so much into camping any more, too bad cause they cut there teeth at shag & shinncock. But along came girls & college frown.gif so any recommendation would be helpful gear, boat, food, etc. Funny how the boys would cry when we used to leave camping to come home, now 3 days is too long for them to be away from their friends.kooky.gif Thanks

Lazybones is a great operation but Fluking will be closed last week of August due to NYS regulations. That leaves you with Porgies or possibly jigging blues and bass if one of the fluke boats switch over.

Another non fishing option for 16-18 year old boys would be to rent a boat at Uhiliens and go water skiing in the Lake, back of Montauk Harbor. I know when I was that age we really had some great times doing just that.

Lazybones is a great operation but Fluking will be closed last week of August due to NYS regulations. That leaves you with Porgies or possibly jigging blues and bass if one of the fluke boats switch over.

Another non fishing option for 16-18 year old boys would be to rent a boat at Uhiliens and go water skiing in the Lake, back of Montauk Harbor. I know when I was that age we really had some great times doing just that.

Although the regular fluke season closes (as stated above) there are boats that will still be fluke fishing under the rsa permit. I believe the rsa permit allows for 4 keepers (not sure though). The Marlin VI Princess will be fluking full day at the end of August. I fished on that boat last year and limited (4 fish) early both days I fished. We had fluke on just about every drift and pool fish both days were over 10 pounds. Great crew, good folks on the boat, leaves at 7 am returns around 4 pm.

Had the grankids(all girls)out last Tues.for fluke and did good.However the toilet didnt flush,no running water and paper towels.My son and I didnt care but the girls did.I wont mention the name of the boat but if you have women make a check.

View PostHad the grankids(all girls)out last Tues.for fluke and did good.However the toilet didnt flush,no running water and paper towels.My son and I didnt care but the girls did.I wont mention the name of the boat but if you have women make a check.

sc537 -

A good heads up... check first. That's a great way for the gals to loose interest and not want to join you again. cwm13.gif

The captain ought to be... beatin.gif for having conditions like that.

Hooky wink.gif

LIBBA 521 - MSA 521 - ASC Go Atlantic!