hammonasset beach Fishing?

Rate this topic

I agree with what Finster said. When I go there, I do tend to cover a good distance before I wet my line. I also have a habit of falling of at least 1 rock per trip and lose my footing often getting out to spots to fish.

It all started last year during a terrible thunderstorm, when I locked myself out of the house. Shelving myself with a large piece of sheet metal, I ran for cover under the tallest tree I could find!

View PostI agree with what Finster said. When I go there, I do tend to cover a good distance before I wet my line. I also have a habit of falling of at least 1 rock per trip and lose my footing often getting out to spots to fish.

Too funny...tripped up on those rocks a few weeks back and the cell phone went swimmin...glad its just not me biggrin.gif

View PostToo funny...tripped up on those rocks a few weeks back and the cell phone went swimmin...glad its just not me biggrin.gif

Cell and smokes go in 2 separate ziploc bags. Both bags into jacket along with flashlight, bug spray, leader material, backup knife and snacks

It all started last year during a terrible thunderstorm, when I locked myself out of the house. Shelving myself with a large piece of sheet metal, I ran for cover under the tallest tree I could find!

View PostActually, it was a mid 20" bass caught by one of my students in our after-school fishing club. They caught plenty that day. Happy kids, thus nice fish!

I also run a club with 7 and 8 year olds. All freshwater fishing. Lots of fun for them. Hooking them into fishing at the right age. Too bad many of their dad's won't take them out. What ages do you take fishing?

I dropped the same phone half a year earlier into the Eight-mile River. Dried it out for four days, came back from the dead. Had to update phone plan, told the girl at the counter the story. She asked me if I wanted the insurance on the phone, and I declined, said I'd be more careful. Same girl at the counter when I had to go in and get a new one after sinking it. She remembered me and laughed.

I take high school kids, out on New Haven Harbor. Many are inner-city kids, some from the suburbs. yeah, I wish everyone had a dad to take them fishing. Some of these kids never knew their dads. Makes ya feel really good when some kid who never caught a fish ends up with a 14 pound bluefish on the line.

I was at Hammonasset Tuesday. Had some action from a large boulder at the morraine cliff north of the jetty. One I had on the rocks before it slipped and another bit my soft lure in half. Someone caught a 26" striper from the jetty in the afternoon, and there was tog and some blues being caught there as well. I was fishing the boulders from dusk into dark, only downside was a distinct feeling I was sacrificing my body molecule by molecule to the local insects. Clear and dark no-seeums led the assault followed by clouds of mosquitoes. I finally fled to the jetty for some relief, but no fish. Was hoping for a few early perseid meteors, but the clouds came in and it was time for me to roll. Back home to Lancaster at 3 a.m.