The Riddler

Another problem with Wheeleeze carts

81 posts in this topic

View PostBarrel if I said Left you would say right. lol.....the vice president of Wheeleeze sent me that email.....does he not know his own product? lol

Here are more pictures of my defective Wheeleeze cart. Not Seattle Sports Cart...lol....Roleeze....is now Wheeleeze.

Its the same cart. they must buy them from seatle sports or seatle sports and wheeleez is both getting them from the same chineese manufacturer. However seatle sports does have a didfferent hub that rides on the axle. I guess the answer is no, to wether you are pulling it behind a bike? We have seen all kind of bearing and hub problems from guys who try to pull hand carts behind bycycles and one moron who was towing his yak behind his car at 40mph on a hand cart.

If the axle is shot before the bore of the tire then that means the shaft is softer than the tire bore which usualy is ok but not in a salt air environment. Looks like it's riding on 2 bearings, which ofcource are much harder. I would suggest to get your new axle and have the ends (Chrome Plated) Cost? A typical Bike pedal is about $35, a foot peg is about $28. Very inexspensive compared to always having this problem. The salt air is a no for steel. Also your bearings could very well be frooze solid from the salt air so nothing you do would help. Check it out. Hope this helps. Gary

View PostIf the axle is shot before the bore of the tire then that means the shaft is softer than the tire bore which usualy is ok but not in a salt air environment. Looks like it's riding on 2 bearings, which ofcource are much harder. I would suggest to get your new axle and have the ends (Chrome Plated) Cost? A typical Bike pedal is about $35, a foot peg is about $28. Very inexspensive compared to always having this problem. The salt air is a no for steel. Also your bearings could very well be frooze solid from the salt air so nothing you do would help. Check it out. Hope this helps. Gary

That cart has no bearings on the wheels. It rides on the axle. I liked the concept Wheeleeze had with a plastic wheel riding on an axle. However, the choice of aluminum for the axle was too soft.

I ended up stealing that concept and making my own version but instead used 3/4" Stainless Steel Sch 40 as the axle. The pic below shows the axle. Not even a mark after 5 months of torture. shaky.gif

View PostJeff, Did you just drill a hole in the axle and pin the new SS piece in place??

Looks good!

No, I built my own cart on their concept. That is a complete solid piece of 3/4" S.S. sch. 40 tube. Cut to size. Drilled only for the hair pin clips.

View PostGet a Roleeze cart with the bigger wheels! cwm40.gif

Yeah, that makes sense. headscratch.gif

Im replacing my axel which is just as bad as Riddlers (worn down and cracked through the tube wall) on an origional rolleeze collapsable kayak cart with the light grey balloon 30cm wheels. Just picked up a solid piece of 6101 3/4 alluminum bar. I need to find replacement plastic bushings as the old ones are grooved up now and i am afraid they will start eating up the new bar too quickly. Where can i get them to fit the origional rolleeze wheels? I will post up some pics tomorrow.

stainless steel sleeve it?

must be better than aluminum...

now we're going to have the bushings wear out... lol

Posted (edited)

I already bought the solid bar and dont want to ship due to scratches just from free spinning it. Can i get a sleeve that would mate to the 3/4 bar and still fit the bushing?

Edited by Terry Mac

Posted (edited)

1 Cracked wall

2 wear side view

3 new bar 3/4 solid 6101 alluminum

4 new bar wear by just spinning

5 old bushing wear marks

6 rolleeze tire that came with collapsible kayak cart.

post-2253-0-62744700-1429583324_thumb.jpg

post-2253-0-00579300-1429583415_thumb.jpg

post-2253-0-42474700-1429583462_thumb.jpg

post-2253-0-63526000-1429583481_thumb.jpg

post-2253-0-43648700-1429583508_thumb.jpg

post-2253-0-53620700-1429583544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Terry Mac